Fitting CD Changer and warranty

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
Hi,

I've got myself a seat 6 cd changer and the data cable that goes from HU to changer, but now don't know whether to get the dealer to fit it, or do it myself? If I do do it myself do I invalidate my warranty? if so how much would a dealer fit it for? or if i do fir it any pointers as to how to feed cable from HU to back of glovebox?

Cheers

Lee

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Glovebox takes about 2 minutes to remove, if you have the brackets for the changer then it shouldn't take you more than 30mins to have it all done. I wouldn't trust a dealer to fit it, they'll probably break something :whistle:

ToledoSteve

Leeboy, any probs with that CD changer? I,ve just ordered one and want to fit it myself..can you give any hints as to what was difficult, is the plug in easy?anything in the way? you know the probs they never tell you about.

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
Hi,

At first attempt it was a nightmare trying to install the cd changer data cable, as I was trying to feed the data cable round the back, and wasn't having any luck :cry: so I resorted to unscrewing the glovebox which ended up a doddle :D Theres about 8 torx screws to remove, including 3 at the end of the dashboard so you have to open the door and remove a clipped on panel first. You then have to unclip a plastic L shaped piece of plastic in the passenger footwell, and behind that is the earth point for the data cable. Once the data cable is in place the rest is easy :D Took me a total of about 40 minutes to install, at a comfortable pace :)

ToledoSteve

Hey Leeboy, Thanks mate, you were right 40 mins taking it slow and easy, my 99 tolly already had the harness tucked up behind the glove box (as per the Leon on Icecavern,s site (Thanks Icecavern) but I now have a spare harness: Part No: 1M2 971 735 £5 to any seat enthusiast in the Swindon area, buyer collects. (What an improvement over the tape player...straight in with The lightening Seeds and Foreigner...my ears...still ringing.. Great.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members