fitting face lift parts

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ive now got new face lift bumpers and wounderd if i need any other kit to fit them ,or do they simply bolt on in place of the pre faclift ones.Sorry its a new thread but im hopeing someone can tell me asap as i cant risk removing them until i know.

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
as what ive seen and worked out brackets and fixings wise its straight swap but read on here somewhere the TDi model (I think) the airguide needs to be changed of some sort :shrug:

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
So what did you do for the spot light issue,Did you use leon ones or take the plunge and buy face lift ibiza ones.
If leon ones work on the the face lift bumpers what year leon ones do i need to buy?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i've cable tied mine in place :whistle: before i fitted the bumper to the car ;)

put it in the locating "area", fit the grill, offer the fog lamp upto the grill and you can cable tie them in position;)
mine have been like that for a couple of thousand miles now and gone thhrough an MOT.[B)]

i hardly use mine, so couldn't justify the £80 each :censored::ban: for the ibiza OEM unit

IIRC, its the fogs of an Alhambra i think that fit:confused:
IIRC, Aimez has fitted "non-ibiza" fogs to her facelift bumper, check out her readers ride thread ;)

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
my old fogs are cable tied in to ever since iv had the bumper on iv got side light bulbs in mine

DSC01218.jpg

il get some more late as im of to t.sparks to sort his car out lol:cartman:

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
That would be great ,can you tell that they have been tied in and also do they look weired not being the right size?

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Cheers mate.Ive now found out that the Leon 05- onwards fog lights and altea 04 onwards fog lights are the same as the face lift ibiza ones.And can be bought new from a after market supplyer for £24.95 a pop ,so going to by them ,But thanks anyway.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
my old fogs are cable tied in to ever since iv had the bumper on iv got side light bulbs in mine

DSC01218.jpg

il get some more late as im of to t.sparks to sort his car out lol:cartman:

buddy what kind of bulbs are they that are in the fogs, iv got xenons and the standard fog bulbs are like yellow, how u get them like xenon?

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Yeh they range from about 24-29 quid each and to be honest alot are as good as oem ones ,only some are sealy badly made .I always ask whos made them before hand anyways.Just glad i dont need to fork out for the originals.
Took the plunge yesturday and bought my rear Cupra/FR facelift bumper and bumper spoiler with the reflectors ,came to £239 .Ive still got to get it painted yet.And my front.Does the rear bumper spoiler come already in antharite (spelt wrong) along with the reflector surrounds? Now got to get Antharite front FR grills as well as mine are Black,More flaming expence!!.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.