fitting HID's

Tom--

hello! had a read on the other HID lights threads and little confused about how to fit them. I've bought a set of bi xenon hid lights off ebay so i have dipped and full beam hid instead of just dipped as I drive lot of unlit country roads so need full beam as well really.

how do I fit them though?!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
filaments are a direct replacement for the bulbs if you ordered the right ones (H4 i would guess with Bi-xenon?)

wiring plugs in and just need to find a cosy place for the ballast control unit

Tom--

yep h4. so does it just clip into the existing holders?? and have to secure the ballasts somnewhere?
thanks

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
yes they just go in the original holders and the wires just go in the original looms...the only thing you need to do then is drill a hole in the light cover for the wires to go through and secure the balasts...

Tom--

apparantly the hid's are the wrong ones. I've got the h4 set which runs dipped and full off one bulb but my car has seperate bulbs for the dipped and main.

so which set of HID's will i need?

Tom--

cheers [B)]

does that just do dipped though? could do with both dipped and full.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
You wont or shouldnt need full beam aswell...unless you plan on trying to recreate the sun.

Ive got 6k ones and can hardly tell the difference between dipped and full beam with the hid's.

CupraJimbob

agree h7's and if you get stuck where too put your ballasts i will post you a picture where i put mine

Hi mate I'd be grateful if you could post a pic where you mounted your ballast.

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
Image293.jpg

Image292.jpg

not the best pictures and sorry about quality.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Ive fixed my ballasts to the right of the battery on the pasanger side...
026.jpg

And on the drivers side just under the light on the shelf...
025.jpg

Tom--

Most people only bother doing dipped as they provide enough light on their own

the reason i'm after both is because a lot of my driving is on unlit country roads, like no lights at all and alongs moors no road markings so after as bright as possible really. would i need 2 seperate kits to have both though?

Tom--

dammit! looks like I'll swap the current set for H7's (right kit for a seat ibiza 1.6 sport??) then just get better bulbs for main beam.

cheers for all the help people!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.