fitting mirrors

samacus

Nov 30, 2008
hey was just wondering how easy or hard is it to fit electric mirrors to a 1.4? is the wiring already there or would i have to do some extensive searching?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i think i was the first ... possible the only one to do this ?

on my old 1.4 i was fed up of manualy adjusting the mirrors so spent £100 on a pair of electric ones from a cupra.

the wiring.... well that is all down to how good your are at electrics and how methodically you think.

it took me and my dad about 2 evenings (4 hrs total) to buzz out what the connections where on the switch (about £25 from the stealers).
i then had to run a 12v line to the power and run a load of signal cables to both doors.

for this job to be done you will need:

Wire
DMM (digital Multi Meter)
cable cutters
correct wiring loom / plug you can molest from a cupra
New covers for the door card (where the new switch goes) both passanger and drivers side.
electric mirrors
time
sweat
blood

it can be done, unfortunately i didnt do a wiring guide and i no longer have the car so i cant help you out too much apart from saying.. i have done it and it was the best mod i did to the car, especially when the heated mirrors work on a frozen morning

samacus

Nov 30, 2008
im not too bad with electrics, so for the wiring i will have to connect the switch in the door to the new mirrors using my own wiring not a wiring loom ?

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
taking the door cards on/off is a right chew on aswell, get yourself some new plastic secureing clips, as i usually snapped a couple of these everytime i removed them.

The yellow ones seemed to have less give than the white ones.

samacus

Nov 30, 2008
hey just replaced all the clips in my door cards as when i took them off to change my speakers i snapped them all, went to the dealer and he gave me black ones which are really bad.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise