Fixed Cost Maintenance

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I had this on my prev car MK4 gti, it was £26 a month for 3 years and covered everything incl tyres, during that time i had a change of wipers, free mot and 2 services,with breakdown cover free for 1year, i asked for a 3rd serv but they wouldn't do it, so i queried VW and they offered me compensation got £625 back of them, be wary as there are diff levels of f/c/m i took the dearest but didn't need it hence the money back.most thing are covered under your warranty anyway for the 3 years. how many serv will you need over 3years? read all the samll print too, for instance if i deviated from non VW oil my plan & warrant were nullified in event of engine failure.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
Fixed Cost Maintenance covers service and wear and tear items. It does not need to cover warranty work obviously and also it wont cover items you damage yourself (including damage to tyres if you take out tyre cover).

As K4ith implied there are diffferent plans. Some cover just service, some service and maintenance (wipers, bulbs, brakes for example) and others service, maintenance and tyres.

On the whole they are well worth it, especially if you do high mileage and wear out tyres / brakes quickly. If you tale a 3 year plan you should get 3 services out of it as long as you service it on time. The savings are more obvious after your 2nd service. You will need to go to a SEAT dealer for the work thoughout the contract so that should mean you should be covered with regards to OEM parts

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.