fixed rear quarter windows

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
anyone tell me the best way to take the rear windows out as im putting opening rear quarters in. i know they are bonded in but wondered if there an easier way than sitting inside the car and pushing them out with your feet and getting your mrs to catch the window as it comes out lol.

vngtx

pry them out of the seals with a screwdriver from the outside, worked brilliantly when i changed the back 3 fixed windows on my clio. had my windows out today too. strange coincidence. did you get new window seals for the opening windows?

vngtx

i think they may be different. aslong as the window sits flush to the old seal it shouldnt let a draft in.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
sorry im with you now. yeah im getting the opening seals with the windows and all the interior trim bits and fittings aswell. i ordered the brass fittings to go into the holes to allow me to screw the hinges in

vngtx

i noticed 2 pacman shaped spacers for the allen key bolt that goes into the rear end of the window. im not sure if it actually needs them or not?

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
haha if the glass isnt needed its always nice to be destructive! i remember the pac man spacers vince, not sure if i ever did put them back in :confused:

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
do we know if the threaded rivets were fitted to cars without the opening rear quarters, just to fill the holes up? ive ordered them but suddenly thought they may be there already. suppose i should get my arse in gear and go find out for myself. :blink:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
847100.png

845000.png

are the fixed type just bonded in place ??

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
yes they are flapper. i will cut the seals and see if i can get them out that way then if they dont budge i will resort to getting inside and pshing with my feet. carefully!

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
:help: got 1 of my rear quarter windows out and got the rivets that go into the body but they fall out. anybody know of a very strong bond/glue that would do the trick please or tell me if im doing summut wrong, but i carnt see how?? any help please boys and girls??

oojammyflip

hello everoyne sorry to resserect this thred but im just about to do what athers done, ive got everything apart from the brass fixings that go into the bodywork.. can anyone tell me where to get hold of them? is it a main dealer piece? thankyou

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
yes its main dealer for the rivnuts. you will need 14 in total, but more importantly you will need a rivnut tool to do a proper job of it.i tried the cheap way and f^&*ed it up big time.

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
yes its main dealer for the rivnuts. you will need 14 in total, but more importantly you will need a rivnut tool to do a proper job of it.i tried the cheap way and f^&*ed it up big time.

What's this rivnut tool? My brass fittings move around! You got a link?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
sorry kyle i havnt got a link but the tool is pretty much like a rivet gun. if you type it in on fleabay you will see what i mean. might even come over to you and do it for you if you want.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.