flashing handbrake light and beeping four times

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
right on my way home from work i came of a roundabout rather hard in 2nd then 3rd (booting it!)into a slight corner then all of na sudden i herd the same beeping noise that you get when your fuel light comes on but it did this four time along side with the hand brake light flashig at the same time

any one any idears what this is all about????

its fine now only did it then for about 10sec if that

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Mine did this about 3-4 months ago and i shat my pants! I put some more brake fluid in and it was fine. Then did it again, turned out the nipple was loose on the clutch cylinder and was leaking. Check for that, or it could just be a dirty sensor giving an off reading

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Mine did this about 3-4 months ago and i shat my pants! I put some more brake fluid in and it was fine. Then did it again, turned out the nipple was loose on the clutch cylinder and was leaking. Check for that, or it could just be a dirty sensor giving an off reading

think il check that now

where about is that :redface:

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Not sure with this model but the warning light also warns of low brake fluid on some cars

I had this problem. Either top up the brake fluid or coolant.

You say it happened when cornering - it sounds like as you corner the fluid pushes to one side of the resorvoir and the sensor is reading it as no fluid within the resorvoir. So the fluid may be within the min/max markings on the resorvoir bottle but when cornering this may not be correct. Just top it up.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
I had this problem. Either top up the brake fluid or coolant.

You say it happened when cornering - it sounds like as you corner the fluid pushes to one side of the resorvoir and the sensor is reading it as no fluid within the resorvoir. So the fluid may be within the min/max markings on the resorvoir bottle but when cornering this may not be correct. Just top it up.

i think this is what has happend altho like i said the level of fluid seems fine just had another look and had a look at this block with the nipples on that was mentioned an all seems fine

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
peachy, remember, the brake reservoir should be filled almost to the top. not like your coolant which sits approximately half way.

was changing the brakes on a different car the other day and when I pushed back the pistons of the calliper, brake fluid leaked out of the reservoir lol thats how full it was (garage had filled it up before)

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
peachy, remember, the brake reservoir should be filled almost to the top. not like your coolant which sits approximately half way.

was changing the brakes on a different car the other day and when I pushed back the pistons of the calliper, brake fluid leaked out of the reservoir lol thats how full it was (garage had filled it up before)

o **** ,yea mine is half way like the coolant :doh:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
that would probably be the reason ;)

top it up and you;re fine. As said above, the light will usually start flashing in corners due to the level shifting to one side of the reservoir, so its not critically low yet.

But top up and job done

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.