flip key info thread

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
TBH, its all in this thread

have a look at post 312 for the frequency

when i did it (when this thread was first started) the keys that worked were...
HLO 1JO 959 753 A
HLO 1JO 959 753 AH
HLO 1JO 959 753 AG

post 756 has more info

on my 54plate fr mk4

Last edited:

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
TBH, its all in this thread

have a look at post 312 for the frequency

when i did it (when this thread was first started) the keys that worked were...
HLO 1JO 959 753 A
HLO 1JO 959 753 AH
HLO 1JO 959 753 AG

post 756 has more info

on my 54plate fr mk4

I did this on my mk3, but that was when it first came out, looking to do again for my 08 mk4 1.9 tdi sportrider i pick up next week & looking through hundreds of pages just gets most peeps confused, well it does me.

It`s a shame that peeps can`t list there original key mhz / part number / car & then what they found worked, & then all other peeps have to do is copy the list paste & add ther own info so easy to find as near the end of the thread.

Example
original Key
CAR : Ibiza 1.9 Tdi 2008
MHZ : 343
PART NUMBER : ABC 1A2 345 678

Flip Key
MHZ : 434
PART NUMBER : HLO 1JO 959 753 AG

MBrooke

Mar 21, 2011
thats strange mine doesnt have it ?

mine doesnt have any markings on it either and is also a 56 plate (facelift FR) but it does have the W3 and HAA markings on the blade

mine also has VALEO VS3 on the blade which i assume (from experience of cutting all sorts of keys apart from car keys unfortunately) is the brand of blade and manufacturer (VALEO) code

if i cant find out from the internals about the frequency i might take it into SEAT and ask them nicely to tell me what it is :D

i'd like to think i can get round their rules with a bit of charm :p

Discostew

Sep 6, 2008
Lanark
Re: Jamie 8954

My key is the exact same. CE on the side, HAA on the blade. Try taking the remote key apart and lifting out the battery, in mine there was a yellow card with all the part numbers for the VAG group and the frequency which was 434Hz.

Hope that solves it!

MBrooke

Mar 21, 2011
yep got it apart and found the disc,
got the right key and had it cut for a small fortune
programmed and now working wonderfully :D

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
right have opened the key up and found :

434 MHZ
VW 3B0 959 753L
SEAT 1MO 959 753E
SKODA 6YO 959 753E
HELLO 009 498

so could anybody help me with what part number key i need or do i just need any that is 434 MHZ ?

Discostew

Sep 6, 2008
Lanark
right have opened the key up and found :

434 MHZ
VW 3B0 959 753L
SEAT 1MO 959 753E
SKODA 6YO 959 753E
HELLO 009 498

so could anybody help me with what part number key i need or do i just need any that is 434 MHZ ?

Exactly the same numbers that are in mine. I've ordered a key from eBay, part no: 1J0 959 753 DA, 434 MHZ. I'm not 100% sure it will work but i'll post again once it's cut and coded.

Discostew

Sep 6, 2008
Lanark
Have you recieved your key ? did it work ?

Yeah, got it on Wednesday. I've been trying to get it cut today and yesterday but two different Timpsons near my work said they wouldnt touch it. I've found a Timpsons who will cut it for me but the bit on their drill was too small so they've had to order a thicker one which wont be in till middle of next week!

I'll defo post my results once it's cut and coded......eventually!

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
Yeah, got it on Wednesday. I've been trying to get it cut today and yesterday but two different Timpsons near my work said they wouldnt touch it. I've found a Timpsons who will cut it for me but the bit on their drill was too small so they've had to order a thicker one which wont be in till middle of next week!

I'll defo post my results once it's cut and coded......eventually!

That would be great as i collected my new ( to me ) sportrider tonight & my key has the same yellow card / codes.

Mine is a 1.9 tdi on an 2008 reg, what year is yours ?

Discostew

Sep 6, 2008
Lanark
Right, finally got my key cut and coded to the car! :happy:

I took the key to my local Timpsons and they cut the blade for a fiver. On first try the key wouldn't fit either the ignition barrel or the door locks so I took the key back and the guy skimmed a bit more from the centre of the blade and it fits fine.

I dismantled the spare remoteless key to get the transponder out, had to use a bit of nail polish remover to loosen the glue. Stuck the transponder in the new flip key and went outside to code the new key.

The eBay seller (thekeyservice) I used sent me a PDF and a video showing the assembly and coding process for the key but the coding process didn't work at all. I used another coding procedure that I found on this thread and it worked fine, the dash blipped when the key was coded.

The key has 3 buttons and all the buttons work, I can now open and close the boot without unlocking the rest of the car. :funk:

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
Right, finally got my key cut and coded to the car! :happy:

I took the key to my local Timpsons and they cut the blade for a fiver. On first try the key wouldn't fit either the ignition barrel or the door locks so I took the key back and the guy skimmed a bit more from the centre of the blade and it fits fine.

I dismantled the spare remoteless key to get the transponder out, had to use a bit of nail polish remover to loosen the glue. Stuck the transponder in the new flip key and went outside to code the new key.

The eBay seller (thekeyservice) I used sent me a PDF and a video showing the assembly and coding process for the key but the coding process didn't work at all. I used another coding procedure that I found on this thread and it worked fine, the dash blipped when the key was coded.

The key has 3 buttons and all the buttons work, I can now open and close the boot without unlocking the rest of the car. :funk:

Thats great news, as my key has the same yellow sticker with the same codes on, the key you bought should work on mine also :coolthumb
Is this the one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-3-BUTTON-...612923300&po=&ps=63&clkid=8426523470020882068

Which coding procedure from this thread did you use ?

Discostew

Sep 6, 2008
Lanark
cbr40017, that's the same seller I used and that key is the same as mine so should work with your car. That auction is only for the remote part of the fob, you'd need to by the top end seperate with a blank blade on it. I only know this because I ordered this one first and when I emailled the seller asking for a SEAT badge he informed me that the badge came with the top part of the fob :redface:

I used this method for coding mine:

Unlocked the car at the drivers door manually with my remoteless spare key and left the key in the door. I then turned the iginition on with my old remote key. I stuck my arm out the window and locked the car manually with the spare in the door. I pressed lock on the new flip key once and then pressed and held unlock on the new flip key for approx 3 seconds and the car horn/alarm blipped when the key was coded. Turned off the ignition and removed the spare from the door and then tried out the new key.

I've driven around all day in the car with the new key and its worked fine......i've still ahd my old remote in my pocket just incase though!

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
cbr40017, that's the same seller I used and that key is the same as mine so should work with your car. That auction is only for the remote part of the fob, you'd need to by the top end seperate with a blank blade on it. I only know this because I ordered this one first and when I emailled the seller asking for a SEAT badge he informed me that the badge came with the top part of the fob :redface:

I used this method for coding mine:

Unlocked the car at the drivers door manually with my remoteless spare key and left the key in the door. I then turned the iginition on with my old remote key. I stuck my arm out the window and locked the car manually with the spare in the door. I pressed lock on the new flip key once and then pressed and held unlock on the new flip key for approx 3 seconds and the car horn/alarm blipped when the key was coded. Turned off the ignition and removed the spare from the door and then tried out the new key.

I've driven around all day in the car with the new key and its worked fine......i've still ahd my old remote in my pocket just incase though!

Thanks for the info Discostew, i already have a spare top end with a blank blade from when i did the flip key for my Mk3 ibiza :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise