flip key info thread

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Craig are you based in Huddersfield? I'm in lancashire.... have a problem. Got a mk1 Leon 2003 that I need a second key for. RCL would be nice but not a requirement as the only key I have is just a key with no buttons. I can source the fob, blade and get it cut, but can you assist with anything else? Tried to PM you but no idea how...

Hi

yes i'm in Huddersfield. I can supply, cut & program either a none remote key or remote key. Choice is yours, i always have them in stock & have cutting equipment in my van

Craig

Rvmne

just find somebody near to you that has VCDS(vagcom) then they can recode it for you. I could've done it for you last weekend as I was down that way working

Ah that sounds a lot easier! Thanks for that.
I'll let you know how I get on

You don't happen to be down again anytime soon do ya? Lol

Rvmne

I found someone to do the vagcom but he's asking about an SKC code which he said would be on the non remote key which I don't have. Is there anyway I can find this out?

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
hey guys sorry if its been covered, but I couldn't read through all 99 pages of this thread!
I read somewhere that it doesn't matter what frequency you go for (433MHz or 434MHz) because they are just rounded up or down. I have a 433MHz key and I want a flip key, but the 433MHz are so much more expensive than the 434Mhz!
Can anyone shed some light on this matter, or has anyone used a different frequency than stated on their original key?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
if you don't buy the correct part number remote for your year/model car then it doesn't matter what mhz you go for because it won't work if part number is wrong

also you don't have to read back that many pages, i've posted loads of messages all over the forum stating what part number is needed for each year/model Seat

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
When I opened up the spare key with no remote there was nothing at all inside except the glass immobiliser tube. Do I need to open my remote key to get the chip from that?

Also I can't find my part number on the list, it's 1J0 959 753 DJ. MK4 Ibiza Facelift. Will this work or have I bought the wrong key, Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
if it's not on the list then what do you think? ;) The DJ remote you've bought is 1 i've never used & i've done keys for most VAG models from late 90s

1J0 959 753 CT / 1J0 959 753 AG 2 button flip remote

Seat Ibiza 2003-2008
Seat Leon 2002-2005
Seat Toledo 2002-2004

1J0 959 753 DA / 1J0 959 753 AH 3 button flip remote

Seat Leon 2002-2005
Seat Toledo 2001-2003

1J0 959 753 N 2 button flip remote

Seat Ibiza 2001-2003
Seat Leon 2000-2002
Seat Toledo 2000-2002

1K0 959 753 / 1K0 959 753 G 3 button flip remote

Seat Altea 2004-2008
Seat Altea XL
Seat Leon 2005-2008
Seat Toledo 2005-2008

1K0 959 753 N (NEC) 3 button flip remote

SEAT Ibiza 2009-2011
SEAT Leon 2009-2013

If you've already got a normal fixed blade remote & a manual transponder key then put the transponder from the manual key into your new flip remote, once you've bought the correct part number that is. That way you will have 2 fully working remote keys. I don't see the point in removing the transponder from your original remote as it will make it not able to start your car, just use the transponder from the manual key

Craig

Last edited:

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
No problem, thanks for the info. Shall go get the correct part number.

The thing with the non remote key is that is has no transponder in it! It's completely empty, therefore what other option do I have than to take it out my remote key?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
I found someone to do the vagcom but he's asking about an SKC code which he said would be on the non remote key which I don't have. Is there anyway I can find this out?

The SKC is on key tag supplied with the car when new. The majority of which have been lost over the years. So the SKC needs to be pulled from the car itself. However the SKC isn't needed to program the remote, it's only needed for programming transponders to the immob.

I'm also doing another trip down South next Saturday if you still haven't got it sorted

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Right folks!

i know i've had people South of me ask when i'm going to be doing another South trip so i'd thought i'd let everybody know that on Saturday 22nd June i'm going to be heading from Huddersfield to Cobham services on the M25 to do a group buy for some peeps from the TT forum

I'm going to be getting to Cobham for about 9-9.30 so anybody interested & is nearby is welcome to meet there or if you're not near there I can do a detour on my way home

Nick6L

Hi guys I've just bought a ibiza sport it's only come with one key, it's a fixed blade type If I get a couple of flip type keys is I just a matter of coding the new key and getting the blades cut to my car? Sorry if this is a repeated question I'm new here

Thanks in advance Nick

alexjbass

Nov 9, 2014
Brilliant info on this thread - thanks to all who have contributed... Will let you know how I get on!

rhinatron

Feb 15, 2015
Hi all,

I've got one transponder only key, and looking to get a remote one.

Got a key ordered from ebay (remote 2 button) and hopefully will be ok to program that to locking system. Spoke to my local timpsons and they will cut the blade and copy transponder code for £25... so about £50 all in. Obviously no guarantee with that, but worth the risk at that price? £155 for them to supply all parts.

is it straightforward to program new remote if you already have one (none remote) key?

Cheers!

AllanM487

Aug 13, 2015
Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone can help. I have just bought a Leon FR mk 3 and the key is looking a little tired.

Electronically its fine and in good working order. The blade is ok too. But, and its only a vanity thing, the fob itself looks like its been through the mill.

Does anyone know where I can get a refurb kit or spare casing and button pad?

Every google search either brings up "glove" type sleeves or the wrong kind of key blank.

This is the part number 5F0 959 752B. Cheapest alternative I've found, so far, is a 2nd hand key at £44.00 or the Seat stick on covers. (which would be great, but the button pad is so out of shape, that the "top" cover would not sit flush)

Thanks in advance.

Allan

robt880

Jun 22, 2011
East Yorkshire
Actionman tried to message you but no joy
I only have 1 key (none flip but with transponder) for my 06 ibiza, might be a long shot but would a 3 button fob be made to work ?
I'm interested in getting the key through you if your still offering that
Send me a message