FMIC and K&N Typoon Kit

Deleted member 20376

looking at getting a FMIC and a K&N typoon kit but i havent had much feed back from the typhoon kit.:think:
it looks perfect for cold air is it goes right under the battery to the wheel arch.
the thing is at the min i can only afford one or the other :cry:
if i got the FMIC would the car run better with the K&N or with just a race panel filter and orginal air box. :shrug:
i also heard an induction kit can mess up the fuel mixture for the remap. :confused:

not sure what to do really. any advice. :whistle:

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Airflow will be so much better with out FMIC as, as standard you have 2 wing mount intercoolers which will sit in front of the K&N and not allow as much air through as if without.

What I would do is get the FMIC and a standard open filter (Powertec, Green Cotton for example) and then save for the K&N at a later date if want it. Thats what I run at the mo

Personally think you will get more benefit from a FMIC than an airfilter.....

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i also heard an induction kit can mess up the fuel mixture for the remap. :confused:

Not likely, all the air coming through the intake has to go through the turbo compressor anyway so the slightly improved flow is not likely to make much difference to the air/fuel mix in the cylinder. Aside from anything else the ECU is adaptive and adjusts the mixture all the time.

How much is the typhoon? I'd have thought there would be a big difference in price between that and the FMIC. Are you remapped? If so I'd go with the FMIC, doubt you will see any real gains from the Typhoon other than noise? I didn't notice any difference in performance when fitting the induction kit to my car.

Deleted member 20376

Not likely, all the air coming through the intake has to go through the turbo compressor anyway so the slightly improved flow is not likely to make much difference to the air/fuel mix in the cylinder. Aside from anything else the ECU is adaptive and adjusts the mixture all the time.

How much is the typhoon? I'd have thought there would be a big difference in price between that and the FMIC. Are you remapped? If so I'd go with the FMIC, doubt you will see any real gains from the Typhoon other than noise? I didn't notice any difference in performance when fitting the induction kit to my car.

theres quite a difference in price. im thinkin of keeping the original airbox wid the k&n panel.
i got a stage 2 remap and when i had it rr'd the charge temp was high so i removed fogs to help it.(quick cheap fix lol) the FMIC will be perfect for this just wondered if any1 had had the typhoon kit as it looks a good bit of kit.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
In my personal opinion Air filters are much of a muchness on turbo charged cars, I'm running a green open cone which seems to flow well.

Deleted member 20376

i dont really want the sound as i found it annoying after a while.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
In my personal opinion Air filters are much of a muchness on turbo charged cars, I'm running a green open cone which seems to flow well.

Yep agree with that as did some logs a couple of weeks back between a BMC CDA and a Powertec open cone filter and the Powertec was flowing 204g/s against 189g/s with the BMC.

Deleted member 20376

Yep agree with that as did some logs a couple of weeks back between a BMC CDA and a Powertec open cone filter and the Powertec was flowing 204g/s against 189g/s with the BMC.

i heard the bmc were good for our engines, but quite restrictive.
it was really between the typoon, the bmc carbon or the forge carbon.
or just stick to my orginal wid the panel filter n prob drill it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.