FMIC Pipework?? Wheres yours!

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Hey there folks. Well i'v havin a bit of trouble with my pipework.
Bought the 2.5" Intercooler Pipework kit off ebay and the hoses that came with it are obviously rubbish. But im away to buy another and do it all over. Was wounderin how anyone has routed theirs and what silicone hoses they have gone for, Iv done away with all my standard pipework and have mounted it like Golf/Audi. And i have a 2.5" Forge MAP sensor pipe.
Any suggestions? Ways to cut down the amount of silicone pipes i may need and the best way to rout it? thankies :D
Photos and suggestions would be much appreciated.

The kit im away to buy again
8246293973a11017705697l.jpg

The way i have it set out at the moment.
8246293973a11064878717l.jpg

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Baz stay away from that pipes, get ones with a bead already there and some decent silicone joiners and clamps. That will stop you blowing hoses and even bursting them.

TRhey way you have it is the way most people go. Seems like too much ard work and am going to saty the standardish route.

Only other way is to get the pipes welded together, there was someone on here with (AMD?) intercooler that had good pipework, think his name was cupra neil maybe?

Have a search for something alonng those lines.

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Baz stay away from that pipes, get ones with a bead already there and some decent silicone joiners and clamps. That will stop you blowing hoses and even bursting them.

TRhey way you have it is the way most people go. Seems like too much ard work and am going to saty the standardish route.

Only other way is to get the pipes welded together, there was someone on here with (AMD?) intercooler that had good pipework, think his name was cupra neil maybe?

Have a search for something alonng those lines.

Theres alot of restrictions on the standard pipework, with the kit its 2.5" all the way which is way better for it. Im lookin at a load of different options, welding, beadin the ends, flarin properly. The guy that had the turbo before had the same pipework, but with proper silicone hoses and clamps and said they never blew off at 25 psi! so thats what am gonna do next me thinks. Pissed off at the amount of hoses it has ate!!:cry:

Whilst it probably won't go down to well fella, i'd say junk the lot of the pipework, sell the IC and get a Forge FMIC.

It comes with all the pipework and clips you need, is good quality unlike the generic stuff that people constantly have problems with pipes blowing off etc.

After you've spent all the money on pipework and clips you might as well have got the Forge - thats what I found when I was looking for a FMIC.

Just a view mate, and not meant to offend, if you keep things as they are now, as Wilz says... Get some decent pipework as a priority :)

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Whilst it probably won't go down to well fella, i'd say junk the lot of the pipework, sell the IC and get a Forge FMIC.

It comes with all the pipework and clips you need, is good quality unlike the generic stuff that people constantly have problems with pipes blowing off etc.

After you've spent all the money on pipework and clips you might as well have got the Forge - thats what I found when I was looking for a FMIC.

Just a view mate, and not meant to offend, if you keep things as they are now, as Wilz says... Get some decent pipework as a priority :)

Na man, every views appreciated. Your exactly right tho , that would be the rensable thing to do lol Cuz thats 2 kits ill have bought at 70 quid each, so it all adds up in the end. But bugets pretty tight at the mo, credit crunch and what not with hours bein cut at work lol
Cant see any decent SH kits at the mo, got a list of stuff not handy that also needs done to it. :(

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I had a look at doing it a bit different before but ended up buying the e-bay uni kit for ease of fitting and a few people have used it on here before with good results...

SEANYK....The forge cooler is great cant argue with you there but read lots about there hoses etc being not that great quality...

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Baz I am going the same route as you, I know there is a universal 2.5" pipe kit on ebay that you can get Mikalor clamps with and if you prep the pipe work right and the seal between the hose and the pipe the mikalor clamp will hold it firmly.

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
I <3 your pipe work

EDIT: you see that T peice neil, is that custom so you have the N valve and DV connected to it?

Last edited:

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Baz I am going the same route as you, I know there is a universal 2.5" pipe kit on ebay that you can get Mikalor clamps with and if you prep the pipe work right and the seal between the hose and the pipe the mikalor clamp will hold it firmly.

Exactly what im tryin to do, its preppin the piework to get the silicone hoses to stay on thats the problem tried flarin them, tried roughenin up the surface, tried screws but that was a bit rough, tried chemical metal to make a lip. now tryin bolts to make a lip. stress:(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members