Fmic

Ryan-CupraT

Oct 1, 2006
You've probably heard this heaps of times, where's the cheapest place to get a front mounted intercooler?

Im not after anything Universal, basically just a bolt on job.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
your cheapest way of doing one is a laguna set-up.......its not gonna be the easiest to fit but it works....

otherwise its forge and it will cost you £600ish without fitting.

i went for forge with mine as i wanted a quality product......plus its backed with a lifetime guarantee.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Save up for a forge one mate, Be worth the wait and has superb fitting, Or try and soruce one 2nd hand like i did ;) Managed to get the intercooler and TIP fitted for £500.

David.

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Save up for a forge one mate, Be worth the wait and has superb fitting, Or try and soruce one 2nd hand like i did ;) Managed to get the intercooler and TIP fitted for £500.

David.

Sweet Price you got there mate!!

FYI I went for Laguna, and I see same intake temps as the Forge guys, its more hassle, but I only paid £130, ALL IN.

I think a guy has also fitted a Frontera one to his MK3.... plenty of choice mate!

Mike
(Ah... I appear to be logged in as Seli...Whoops! Mike_IbizaCupra here!)

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
mike in disguise.......the urban ninja...lol

yeah frontera cooler is another option......i wouldnt bother with custom unless your prepared to take the risk on a potentially crap cooler.

Ryan-CupraT

Oct 1, 2006
it wasnt because i was wanting to be cheap. ill go for a forge. i saw one for 550 with out fitting. thats an alright price ??

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
mike in disguise.......the urban ninja...lol

yeah frontera cooler is another option......i wouldnt bother with custom unless your prepared to take the risk on a potentially crap cooler.

Tis me as me this time lol

Laguna temps are equally as good as Forge, only difference is 6hrs self fitment, single pass and wide, rather than narrow and double pass, and around £800 lol

If I had the money I would of gone forge for less hassle, but I didn't and I wanted an FMIC lol

Mike

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
my forge intercooler was £620. mind you that's alot better than the £810 Jabbasport wanted for there one! it's so expensive to tune these things up if your going for decent brands,

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
my forge intercooler was £620. mind you that's alot better than the £810 Jabbasport wanted for there one! it's so expensive to tune these things up if your going for decent brands,

very expensive it is, but they all add up to good gains!:D My miss`s cant belive how much ive spent on the car in such little time!

David.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.