Fog Lights

Maximus2000uk

Has anybody had experience of changing the fog lights on a Leon FR?

I'd like to make mine brighter but I'm sure I read somewhere on this site that they are quite difficult to change. Any advice, or indeed knowledge as to which bulbs I should swap to?

Thanks in advance!

M

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Having moved back to London from Somerset recently can i just say to anyone driving around with sidelights AND fog lights on when they dont need them.... PLEASE TURN THEM OFF!!!!!!!!

Ok rant over.....

Maximus2000uk

Many thanks Jace for the pics on your other post. It is odd though because I have fitted Nightbreakers for my H1's and H7's but yours seem brighter! I have now ordered the fog lights and having seen how to fit and remove, thanks to AR-Cool, I think it looks do-able!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Many thanks Jace for the pics on your other post. It is odd though because I have fitted Nightbreakers for my H1's and H7's but yours seem brighter! I have now ordered the fog lights and having seen how to fit and remove, thanks to AR-Cool, I think it looks do-able!

how much for the fogs and where from, are the fogs h3? or h1?

Maximus2000uk

Ive just paid £23.95 from powerbulbs for the H3's which are the fogs. The H1's and H7's were similar in price.

Im sure there are cheaper places around, but I have found powerbulbs to be very very helpful and delivery is always prompt.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Ive just paid £23.95 from powerbulbs for the H3's which are the fogs. The H1's and H7's were similar in price.

Im sure there are cheaper places around, but I have found powerbulbs to be very very helpful and delivery is always prompt.

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
Having moved back to London from Somerset recently can i just say to anyone driving around with sidelights AND fog lights on when they dont need them.... PLEASE TURN THEM OFF!!!!!!!!

Ok rant over.....

You can actually get fined for this. Not entirely sure why but my brother's a bailif so knows lots of silly things you can get fined for these days.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
You can actually get fined for this. Not entirely sure why but my brother's a bailif so knows lots of silly things you can get fined for these days.

Maybe because Fog lights are even brighter than full beam....

Not quite as annoying as those stupid blue fairy lights though, nearly but not quite...

heard of quite a few people stopped for using Fog lights when they didnt need to in Somerset, but then the Police are not as busy down there!

Maximus2000uk

Fog lights are illegal because they can dazzle other road users when in use...according to the Highway Code thing.

Maximus2000uk

Because I do a lot of countryside driving and so I need them when im driving late at night down narrow lanes...dont want to be hitting the side of the hedge, or even a small animal.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Because I do a lot of countryside driving and so I need them when im driving late at night down narrow lanes...dont want to be hitting the side of the hedge, or even a small animal.

You will still be done for having them on no matter how dark it is. They are fog lights not driving lights

Maximus2000uk

I fully accept that, but I'd rather be stopped by the police for having my fog lights on, than be collected by the police and an ambulance having clipped the kerb and gone into a ditch.

MauroPT

Super easy to change i put a hole new Xenon Kit

img113523lo1.jpg

MK8

I fully accept that, but I'd rather be stopped by the police for having my fog lights on, than be collected by the police and an ambulance having clipped the kerb and gone into a ditch.

Fogs only light up the small area very close infront of you, so unless you drive at max of ~30mph there useless! Ull probably avoid that ditch/small animal if you looked further ahead. I kind of hope you do get stopped, dont want to start an arguement, but there my biggest annoyance on the road. Just does my head in.

I think fogs should come with an automatic turn off above a certain speed, because if you are going above ~30mph, it cant be foggy enough to warrant fogs if youre comfortable going that fast. there pretty much useless in this country IMO

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Don't worry about hitting small animals, it's what they're there for. And I'd rather mow down a bunny than swerve, lose control and roll :shrug:

I can't see how uprated bulbs or HIDS aren't enough.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.