Folding Mirror question

kbrad44

I have already done some searches and can't find an answer.

I have a UK spec 02 Leon Cupra which I was told had folding mirrors. The switch on the right hand door panel has 4 symbols on it. Left adjust, Centre, Right adjust and down at the bottom is a symbol that looks like its for folding in the mirrors. I have tried to get them to operate and just needed to know if non folding mirror cars are still fitted with the same switch?

Any ideas on a possible location to trace the fault if I have one?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i wouldnt of thought so...

when i test drove my car, i tried to operate the folding mirrors, but didnt know how... i was pulling the switch down thinking it would fold them, but the switch needs to be turned all the way round (like a radio knob, from 12o'clock to 6o'clock)

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The mirrors will not fold unless the car is running, or at least switched on. You *CAN* still fold them if you've just switched off, but not opened any doors, or at least I can :)

No good switching on with the mirror knob in the bottom position, you have to turn it to "fold" with the power on.

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Yeah, all l do is turn the knob all the way round to the bottom and then you get the usual terrible noise as the motor kicks in to turn them! :happy:

Can you hear anything from the motor when you trun the knob round? lf not, then there might just be a wiring fault :confused:

kbrad44

Thanks guys :)

I was doing the same as Volvic and pulling the lever backwards.:whistle: Just popped out to the car, turned it to 6 o'clock position and it works. :D

danny20vt

going back to basics
Thanks guys :)

I was doing the same as Volvic and pulling the lever backwards.:whistle: Just popped out to the car, turned it to 6 o'clock position and it works. :D

don't worry too much about these 'blonde moments' when i went for a test drive in the one i bought i did the same thing and the missus said that they want fixing before we buy it...

...to which my reply was "i don't care if the mirrors don't work, did you see how fast it goes!!" :D

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
don't worry too much about these 'blonde moments' when i went for a test drive in the one i bought i did the same thing and the missus said that they want fixing before we buy it...

...to which my reply was "i don't care if the mirrors don't work, did you see how fast it goes!!" :D

:lol::lol: i think we all said that mate!!

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
"i don't care if the mirrors don't work, did you see how fast it goes!!" :D

Thats something i'd definately say to my gf haha! :D

I didnt realise i had an electric sunroof in my current car until 3 months after owning it! My stepdad was in the front and said whats that? (pointing at the control). So i turned it an voila! Was well impressed lol :D

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
The mirrors will not fold unless the car is running, or at least switched on. You *CAN* still fold them if you've just switched off, but not opened any doors, or at least I can :)

No good switching on with the mirror knob in the bottom position, you have to turn it to "fold" with the power on.

I didnt realise I had electric folding[/] mirrors when I bought mine. Found out on my way home as I was playing with the buttons in the car. Typically the lights changed and I had to pull away in a bit of a panic because I thought I'd broken them :D

Dec 31, 2007
Reading

I didnt realise I had electric folding mirrors when I bought mine. Found out on my way home as I was playing with the buttons in the car. Typically the lights changed and I had to pull away in a bit of a panic because I thought I'd broken them :D

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
has anyone got them to autofold when you lock the car?

WOW can u actually do that!!! i needa get myself that lol. my mates think its the coolest part of the car, they dont care about the speed or anything else. where can you get them from, how much and how easy to fit??

p.s. sorry for all the questions lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.