Folding wing mirror problem

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
So I had to take my door off to replace the hinge and that was all fine I also toke the doorcard off and removed all the cables without pulling any and that was fine , the door was off for about 1 and a half days tops , now when I've reconnected everything back in , my mirrors won't fold out ?? , they still adjust when pushing to one side but they just don't fold out ... Anyone got any ideas??!?! Help needed ASAP cheers!

Jav121

Aug 13, 2011
West Yorkshire
If you keep trying do they fold out...mine do this sometimes. For example ill fold them in and when I try to fold them out they won't fold back out, sometimes they do after a few secs other times I have to keep trying...had it on vagcom for a different problem but I did get a fault code which I was told was related to the wing mirrors or something. Sorry can't be much more help than that

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Try and leave the switch to open and the ignition on for a while if that fails remove both battery cables (as long as you have the radio code) and put them together this will discharge all power/memorys then put them back on the battery and try the above again.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Try and leave the switch to open and the ignition on for a while if that fails remove both battery cables (as long as you have the radio code) and put them together this will discharge all power/memorys then put them back on the battery and try the above again.

Quick question , removing the + and - then touching them together ain't that a bit risky ?? :s

parmi

Mar 14, 2012
Hi LEE69 no i believe u but it sounds a bit wrong i will try thanks

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I was damn sceptical myself.
It discharges all capacitors to a new state, helps to eliminate the electrical gremlins these cars sometimes suffer.

Last edited:

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi peep[s:D got me 1 o them memory saver things cos dont kno radio code tried dealer who sold car from new they dont have any record(guess previous owner put a code in&not recorded it nowhere[:@]) it's not f$*k'n worked now i've lost radio:cry: got 2 get it decoded now BUT now leccy mirrors dont work:censored:were workin fine b 4 i disconnected batt:confused: after much searchin on here found this does this disconnect batt 4approx 30 mins work? anybody else had this?found out u have 2 reset windows 2 get auto function back but what about mirrors?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Turn on the ignition and leave the switch "open" they should fold out ok.
Windows...hold the button down for a further few seconds and then when you put them up, should be fine then.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Turn on the ignition and leave the switch "open" they should fold out ok.
Windows...hold the button down for a further few seconds and then when you put them up, should be fine then.

OK LEE what u mean switch open? middle position as theres 2 mirror pics left&right&just a line between em put switch 2 that?:confused: windows said in h/book 2 restore auto function lock car&then wi key keep in locked position 4 few secs&it worked!! now 1 press's restored!!:happy:
IF only memory saver'd worked[:@] i've now got 2 go 2local scrappy cos there ad says they do decoding
what would we do wi'out u on here u seem 2 have a lot o answers:lol:

parmi

Mar 14, 2012
Hi I did wot the X24sevenbikerx said and it worked disconnect the battery and touch the terminals together leave for about 3-5mins connect it all up and when u try to open the mirrors out give a helping hand, and the lube them both up when they open.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
you put the switch to the top ie open then leave ignition on and it should make them go outwards.

Hi lee IT WORKED!!:D put switch 2 open left ignition on 4 30mins nope not a thing next disconnect batt +&- left 4 30 mins connected back up batt flat had 2 jump it off my dads after around 5mins it started&mirrors folded out now all works (inc windows):happy:just got 2 go 2 scrappy&get radio back
cheers lee top tip buy yourself a beer on me!! :lol:dont know if i'll ever get as far as devon!!

monkey_boy_123

Mar 29, 2013
I have a leon fr mk1 and wingmirrors wont fold out but can adjust the angle what can I do to get them working

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members