For all you diesel owners!!

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
OK, dont know if im the only sad person thats done this lol but on saturday night i put 10 pounds worth of bp ultimate in my car...at around 117p per litre....once i put it in i reset my fuel guage meter thing....so i ran my car from the very first line on the fuel guage, put diesel in...and ive ran it until today when the guage has returned to its original starting position,give or take a few ml's.....and the result= 132.4miles :D

i was just wondering if this was good or bad on a 1.9tdi leon 110 version... lets hear your results aswell guys:)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
It's costing me about £55 - £60 a tank to fill up at the minute :cry:

and I usually get around 500 - 550 miles out of it.

The miles you got from your £10 sounds pretty good though!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
cant remember how much it was in pence per ltr , cant even remember how much it cost me lol must pay more attention !!!!
but 2weeks ago i brimmed it by venting , ,

and got to blackpool with just over 3 1/4'ers of a tank left , ran around allweek , then booted all way home , got 580 miles out of the tank i would have got quite abit more but was in a hurry to get home ....

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
43 views but only 5 posts?come on guys get involved!:) lets hear your mileage figures

I never understand some members sometimes, I once created one which had over 1000 views and only like 2 replies!

Out of interest is the fuel gauge linked to the ECU and calculates your driving style or something???

Because when I boot it the gauge drops... but then a few mins later I'll be cruising on the motorway and it will go back up :blink:

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Im getting 40-50 mpg depending on where and how i drive..

Think last time i filled was 117.9p, 39 litres to fill the tank to the click.

Oh, car is Cupra tdi with stage one p-torque map. 202bhp :)

Oh, and should say its an Ibiza :lol:

George Grayson

Last fill up i used bp ultimate diesel,it cost me £66 to fill and i got about 500 miles with a mixture of motorway and road driving.Most of the driving was quite spirited though as i have only just bought the car, 58 leon FR Tdi,a bit more torque to play with than a 1.6 focus :D

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
That's about 70 mpg, which is astonishingly good. But that's less than two gallons. so any small differences in the remaining fuel level will make a significant difference.

To get a good figure for your real fuel consumption, always fill the tank to the same level (say, until the pump cutoff cuts in) and log the mileometer reading and the fuel quantity.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise