Forge 007 Recirc Spring Question.....

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
I know this has been asked many times, but i've spent hours looking through all the posts relating to it, and not come up with a clear cut answer.

My cupra is currently running jabbasport stage 1, std turbo etc (think boost peaks at about 20psi, and drops to 12-13psi), altho i can't say i've ever watched the gauge properly.

Should i upgrade to the yellow spring??

Reason i ask is i hear a loud sort of hissing/air moving kinda noise when i'm on boost for more than a few seconds, and i'm not sure if it's simply the turbo sucking noise (first turbo car, and i'm running a forge tip), or if it's the D/V leaking (i think i maybe down on power also, but it may just be me getting used to the car, only had it a couple of months)

I've done the simple test on the valve that forge tell you to do (leak back or something), and thats fine, but thats not the problem.

It would be interesting to hear forge's view on this aswell?

Cheers

Paul :)

Last edited:

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
What you described sounds like the noise of air rushing through the airbox/air intake, and into the TIP!

Sounds Completely normal, from what you described.

I don't see why you'd upgrade to the yellow spring, i'm not sure that many people running moderate stage 1 would bother.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
std green spring sealed for me on a pressure test to 22psi before the faintest of hisses was heard. my advise is dont make it too hard for the vacuum to lift the piston by going to strong a spring. (green is stock, yellow is next stiffest, but there are also shims available to stiffen in between)

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
when I fitted my forge TIP (albeit together with unsilenced k03s) I thought it was fitted wrong because the spool up noise was so so loud! Its probably fine as it is.

I run the yellow spring with no issues but I couldn't actually notice any difference between the green and yellow.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.