forge recirculating valve after Revo?

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
Hi

I have had my 1.8t cupra revo'd for 6 months now, my question is do I need a forge recirculating valve for it or is it just an option if people want the woosh sound on gear change. Im not really fussed about the sound but just want to keep the car as reliable as possible, the car has been running perfectly without one for the past 6 months. so do I need one?

cheers

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
the forge recirc valve isn't as noisey as others out there but a lot of people have replace the for the OE ones as there stronger, the standard one a just black plastic ones iirc so havea tendency to splt after a while. check back here later about 6:30 after rashcupra and gazjones are in from work, they'll be able to help you more buddy :D

welcome to the forum BTW :wave:

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
cheers for that, if the standard on breaks will it cause damage to other components or is it just a case of lose of power?

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
It's normaly just a loss of power, why VW underspeced them I don't know as they must have spent more replacing them than they saved making them that little bit cheaper. Then again as the 1.8's get older they can make the money back through customers paying for the replacements.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
The bosh plastic valve is fine for original boost spikes, the N249 valve is there to make sure the bosh valve isn't too stressed.

Now that you've had the ecu map changed you will now be getting a different boost spike. Don't know what the bosh valve can take before it gives up.

If it does break then your car will go into "limp mode". Car feels like a 1.8 NA engine.

The Forge valve is just a stronger uprated valve to to it being made from billet aluminium.

The FMCL007P valve dumps the charge-air back into the air intake system keeping external noise to a minimum. (If you have an aftermaket air-filtter, then it sounds a bit whhoooooossssshhhhhyyyyy.) This increases both quicker throttle response and higher clamping load to maintain boost pressure more reliably.

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
many thanks , im going to order one of those then and also a green panel filter.

then maybe later in the year a decent catback exhaust

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
good choice with the green filter mate :) i take it you learned the search button is you friend very early on in life, which is good to see :D

nice lookin car BTW get some pics up if u haven't already :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
as already pointed out the standard oem boosh recirculating valve is a weak link when the car is mapped and boosting more! the n249 valve is to protect the oem r.valve from breaking but when remapped it is prone to fail ive got a forge recirculating vave and have bypassed the n249 valve as it is useless with the uprated forge part but witha grenn pannel filter and a moded airbox the forge gives a nice suttle woosh noise

throttle respose was improved slightly

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members