FORMENTOR 190HP 4DRIVE DSG

Johnny1992

Dec 14, 2021
Hello guys
I',m looking forward to buy a formentor 190 tsi, 4drive dsg... I am currently driving Leon FR 150tdi... I am interested in your opinion about the mentioned model, what's real consumption, what are the performances and especially how good is this 4drive, and whether it is the same on the model with 310 and 190 hp...

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
I test drove the 1.5 and when I put my foot down after a u turn. I got more noise than speed so I'm looking forward to a 2.0

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
Yea. When I ordered in May, it was in stock. When the phonecall was ending I was told October. Then told tomorrow 17th Dec. Hopefully this chip shortage will be sorted soon and you'll get yours in April.

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
I'm waiting for mine since Mar 2021 and no production date so far...so good luck 🙂! But I tested one for an hour and it's a huge difference vs 1.5 TSI, both in terms of acceleration and also engine noise. Consumption in that hour was 12.5l/100km in a crowded city. The salesman told me that on the highway, driving at 140 km/h on the speedo (real is around 134 km/h) the avg consumption is around 8.5l/100km.

Reactions: jcbmally

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
I have this engine in my Leon ST FR MK3.5
Love the engine, it's very potential (even more not stock 😉).

Now it's actually (almost) as fast as a Leon Cupra MK3.5

Ofc the Formentor has more wind resistance and has more weight (even more with the 4drive).

I do think it will be a very smooth engine in the Formentor too.

Fuel consumption is definitely better than the 245 or 310.

In my Leon on long motorway runs it can drop as low as 5.6l/100km (+/- 50mpg). Never went lower.

Mixed traffic driving calm around 7l/100km (+/- 40mpg)

When you put your foot down, don't even care about the mpg, that's the same in every car 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

trevor4049

Nov 3, 2021
Hi all I have ordered the cupra formentor stw 2tsi 190 v2 dsg, there is not to many reviews about this version

Any feed back would be great just to get that wow factor yes I know the 310 good but I had to go with my budget plus the other half lol

Johnny1992

Dec 14, 2021
Hi all I have ordered the cupra formentor stw 2tsi 190 v2 dsg, there is not to many reviews about this version

Any feed back would be great just to get that wow factor yes I know the 310 good but I had to go with my budget plus the other half lol
Same here... i was also considering tsi 245 but i prefer 4drive to more power on front wheel only

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
It's the same system that's been in the Skoda Octavia and superb for years so there's plenty of stuff on you tube etc re it's performance etc.

Masko

May 30, 2021
Hello guys
I',m looking forward to buy a formentor 190 tsi, 4drive dsg... I am currently driving Leon FR 150tdi... I am interested in your opinion about the mentioned model, what's real consumption, what are the performances and especially how good is this 4drive, and whether it is the same on the model with 310 and 190
I have had this car since April. So far I have driven 16000km. consumption so far is 8.9l. Drive and acceleration are one-off. I used to have an Octavia RS and here the engine is much better. 4drive works superbly. I tried it on the snow!

MontieB64

Apr 18, 2021
I ordered my 190 V2 in April and picked up in Sept (1st 190 Dealer had sold) plenty of power, better in sport with DSG in sport, not much at the real top end, but getting 40-42 mpg on motorway commute, 36-38 round town, mpg got better around 3/4k miles, fantastic to drive, comfy just that bloody infotainment and acc issues, dealer reckons the 190 is the best of the bunch for power,fuel economy & value

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I ordered (2nd Feb 22) a 190 V2 DSG 4drive in Asphalt Blue with Beats Audio, Panoramic Roof, The lease company is telling me it should be delivered in 16 weeks, but I'm very sceptical of this. I really wanted the 4drive and this is the only option in my price range, I'm thinking this is the best of all worlds, performance/economy/value, I'm hoping the Info system bugs are sorted by the time mine is built

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Had my V2 2.0 190 for almost a month now. ( came from a Leon Cupra 300 )
Drove my dads 1.5TSi 150 DSG Ateca for a week before deciding the 2.0 190 was going to suit me much better.
Averaging about 30mpg right now but the engine is still tight - less than 1000 miles so far.

Bought an OBDeleven and sorted out the ACC so it has no issues overtaking legally.
Had the lane guidance switched to remember the last setting ( usually OFF )
Activated the standard cruise control in the menu so I now have ACC or Cruise or Speed limiter.
Activated the rear coast to coast lights to come on with the front DRL

pretty happy with the car right now and the MPG should improve as the engine frees up.

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
@DEAN0, which OBDeleven kit did you get? Any chance you could post a link?
The Lane Guidance being on everytime you start the engine is really annoying so it would be good to turn that off and the ACC issues.

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
Jimbobc -

I'm 5k miles in. The engine is suitable for me as I can be quite heavy footed at times.
I find if you put your foot down when setting off then it CAN shoot off.
Fuel - I came from a 1.0 focus eco boost petrol which I constantly had to put fuel in.
This one, its to be expected for my driving style and if I'm fuel conscious .....which with this fuel price hike... I am, then I can see the difference.

There is a Individual Setting where you can customise the steering, engine, etc. You can put the engine to Eco mode....... I don't know about anyone else but I don't really see or feel the difference.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise