Formentor interior lights

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Hey guys.

I'm still waiting for my VZ to arrive, and in the mean time I'm checking some reviews.

I've seen a couple of them complaining about the interior lighting, as the cabine gets way to dark during night.

What do you think?
Did anyone try to add more interior lights or exchange the leds for brighter ones?

Last edited:

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I haven't received my car but I find the complaint in the review strange. Cabin is supposed to be dark at night, you want to see outside. I get it that it may be dark when you park, but I don't plan on reading in the car.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hey guys.

I'm still waiting for my VZ to arrive, and in the mean time I'm checking some reviews.

I've seen a couple of them complaining about the interior lighting, as the cabine gets way to dark during night.

What do you think?
Did anyone try to add more interior lights or exchange the leds for brighter ones?
A load of tosh. The interior LED strip and footwell lights can be too bright but thankfully lots of adjustment, my brightness is quite low. The reading lights have a nice ambient light around them so easy to find, oh and they are touch sensitive and can be dimmed accordingly.

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
I stand corrected. The interior lights are spot on at night. Only thing I add is some leds on the center console, following the same lines as we have in the dash, but it would only be cosmetic.

Awesome car. Awesome lights. 10/10

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
A load of tosh. The interior LED strip and footwell lights can be too bright but thankfully lots of adjustment, my brightness is quite low. The reading lights have a nice ambient light around them so easy to find, oh and they are touch sensitive and can be dimmed accordingly.

How do you find the unlit heater controls at night - are they as hard to find / use as some claim ?

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
How do you find the unlit heater controls at night - are they as hard to find / use as some claim ?
Although not illuminated I don’t find an issue. Obviously at first it was a bit of hit/miss but now I’m used to it I find it ok. Don’t forget you can say “I’m cold or I’m hot” and the car will adjust the temperature.
My other option, I get the Mrs to turn it down ;)

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
When you say I am hot - does the car increase the temperature to max or what exactly is the behaviour

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
When you say I am hot - does the car increase the temperature to max or what exactly is the behaviour
Saying “I’m hot or I’m cold” increases or decreases the temp by a few degrees. I’ve yet to use other phrases like I’m really cold etc. Depending on the external temp it will switch heated seats on, there is also predefined selections for warm hands, warm feet, cool feet etc.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. I saw the car gurus youtube Channel in which they recently reviewed leon and the lady was complaining the car only understand Spanish accent and not any other.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Thanks. I saw the car gurus youtube Channel in which they recently reviewed leon and the lady was complaining the car only understand Spanish accent and not any other.
Haha, you can say “hola hola” but I just press the voice activation button and she speaks in good old posh English.

Deleted member 131219

PS, The LED strip, door cards (multi colour) and footwell lights (just white) are all adjustable.
That's good to know; I've just had my first long drive in the dark and at first didn't think I had any footwell lights. Eventually I made them out but they were pretty feeble, so I'll take a look at the settings.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
That's good to know; I've just had my first long drive in the dark and at first didn't think I had any footwell lights. Eventually I made them out but they were pretty feeble, so I'll take a look at the settings.
The footwell lights are independent of each other too, I adjusted my drivers side and was puzzled as to why the passenger side still looked dimmer than the drivers. I was, in fact, the dimmest factor in that situation. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 131219

The footwell lights are independent of each other too, I adjusted my drivers side and was puzzled as to why the passenger side still looked dimmer than the drivers. I was, in fact, the dimmest factor in that situation. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I missed that; I navigated my way to the display with the four round markers for increasing brightness, pressed each one in turn and raised the scale to max. But I don't recall seeing separate markers for each footwell. What did I miss? :unsure:

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
I missed that; I navigated my way to the display with the four round markers for increasing brightness, pressed each one in turn and raised the scale to max. But I don't recall seeing separate markers for each footwell. What did I miss? :unsure:
I think if you hit all four markers then you didn’t miss anything. 👍🏼😬 I’ll have to check though, on my car later, will update. 👍🏼

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
I think if you hit all four markers then you didn’t miss anything. 👍🏼😬 I’ll have to check though, on my car later, will update. 👍🏼
So I’m a complete doofus! Whilst trying to find the interior lighting control this morning, half asleep, on a milk run to the local store, I managed to hit factory reset! 🤣🤣😩😩
Anyway all back up to speed (I think) and can confirm that the interior light marker I believed was passenger footwell looks more likely to be the glove box. 🤦🏻‍♂️
But at least I know now. ✌🏼 Enjoy your Sundays folks.

Deleted member 131219

OK; update on the footwell lights. Having established that even with the brightness turned up to max, the OEM light was still about as powerful as a glow-worm with jaundice, I contacted my long-time contact, Trups Patel of EM Tuning. He's a legend in VAG circles for supplying LED upgrade products (either individually or as packages). As ever, he came up with the goods; a bespoke LED, three times more powerful as the OEM, mounted on a made-to-measure circuit board that is a direct plug-and-play replacement. Click here. Posted yeterday, arrived this morning, installed this afternoon.

This isn't a great pic, as my phone flash was activated, so it's over-exposed and revealing how badly the floor mats need cleaning.

Footwell LED.jpg

Nov 25, 2021
I have a problem with my cupra,i just bought it and i can see theres a led going all the way in front.But the thing is i can enable only door/step/and middle led. I searched for it everywhere,i made an account so i can see if theres an app on store but nothing.Please someone give me an answer!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I have a problem with my cupra,i just bought it and i can see theres a led going all the way in front.But the thing is i can enable only door/step/and middle led. I searched for it everywhere,i made an account so i can see if theres an app on store but nothing.Please someone give me an answer!
What version of the car do you have? If I am not mistaken, that light does not come as standard on all editions. I think it used to, but they reduced the spec.

Kieran94

Sep 1, 2021
Picked up my formentor yesterday and played around with the ambient colours and brightness settings.
has anyone else noticed the led where the wireless charging section is, is very dim and even on max brightness jr doesn’t change much?
I’m not sure if it’s a fault led so would love to see others photos of that part at night. Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.