Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

Sep 23, 2021
Just want to preface this with I am obviously not having a go at you, just Cupra!

I just checked mine, ordered the start of June and it doesn't have a build date! I also ordered from Leasing options. How is yours partially built and mine not? Do the just pick them out of a hat?

Getting really cheesed off, my car goes back November and now it looks like I either buy a piece of crap with an MOT to get by or extend my current lease and incur the costs of more gap insurance and warranty. Let alone anything else that might happen in that time.
had another update from leasing options this morning...... "dealer advise that build missed due to semi conductor issue . No ETA available at the moment" I thought that a pipeline car meant that the order was already inlpace when I signed the finance docs, doesn't look that way as all the correspondence relates to the date I signed. very cheeky I think, to suggest this is preordered an then order when the finance is approved.
think we are all in the same boat Mortey, an its up Sh@t creek with no paddles available, ha ha.

Reactions: Mortey

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Ordered my VZ2 310 early June, and was told by the dealer that I had a confirmed build slot of week 34. That soon changed when I'd got in touch with Cupra, and now they say it's still waiting on a production date. I'm considering cancelling and keeping my 4 series now
I am in the same boat as you. I ordered 2nd June and was given a provisional build week, which is now back to status 00. The only reason I haven't cancelled is my current PCP ends in 2023 (so no rush), and I won't get the awesome deal that I currently have. Its just a bit frustrating now.

Reactions: Jono1277

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
I’ve just pulled the trigger on a vz2 310 in asphalt blue. Got a deal cheaper than anything I found online, but obviously much more than people paid earlier in the year. Currently I’m not too worried when it will turn up and the estimated 5 months is optimistic at best.

£404 pm on a 9+35. 8000 miles a year with 8.4ppm excess.

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
had another update from leasing options this morning...... "dealer advise that build missed due to semi conductor issue . No ETA available at the moment" I thought that a pipeline car meant that the order was already inlpace when I signed the finance docs, doesn't look that way as all the correspondence relates to the date I signed. very cheeky I think, to suggest this is preordered an then order when the finance is approved.
think we are all in the same boat Mortey, an its up Sh@t creek with no paddles available, ha ha.
A bit strange is an understatement mate. Usually the chassis number is on the finance agreement so I’d be asking where did they get that from.

Billink

Jun 14, 2021
Exactly the same position! I queried on this as I only had choice between two colours but Cupra has order date listed a week after I signed all paperwork. They’re full of ****, only reason I ordered Formentor over SQ3 was because this should have come a lot quicker …

Sep 23, 2021
So I have pressed the supplier for the actual car order date which they have now stated was 30th April..... this was the date that a bulk or pipeline ordered was placed by the dealer, June 10th was the date that my name was put against the specific car when the finance was approved, has anyone who ordered a vz2 310 around this new date of 30 April received there car? or is everyone waiting on chips from before this date?
just trying to get some idea on when the problems started? is it different depending on which supplier you ordered from which I have see suggested on here??? will kept you all up dated on progress if any ,if you guys could do the same.

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
So I have pressed the supplier for the actual car order date which they have now stated was 30th April..... this was the date that a bulk or pipeline ordered was placed by the dealer, June 10th was the date that my name was put against the specific car when the finance was approved, has anyone who ordered a vz2 310 around this new date of 30 April received there car? or is everyone waiting on chips from before this date?
just trying to get some idea on when the problems started? is it different depending on which supplier you ordered from which I have see suggested on here??? will kept you all up dated on progress if any ,if you guys could do the same.
Sounds about right from my experience. My VZ3 was ordered mid April from a dealership, the updates I received from Cupra were useless. Don’t bother asking for any, it will wind you up. Looking like October pick up now.

Langlord

Jun 14, 2021
This is exactly as I understand the position.

I ordered my car at a very similar time to you and I think I have got lucky as it’s in the Uk we are just waiting for a collection date.

from what I understand a large element of the earlier batch that was meant to be delivered in July was not finish due to the chip issue. these cars got the priority in terms of chips and they were on the first boat with a number of owners getting there cars in early September. The next batch in part was then finished and there are a good number of people that are due to get their cars in the next 2 weeks.

there are of course those that ordered back earlier this year that are still waiting and I totally understand their frustrations. Some of this will be due to spec and partly it would seem not being part of the bulk order (it’s not uncommon for lease/fleet cars to be built quicker than main dealers).

this is a complete industry wide issue as we have a delay on our Porsche 992 and our VW Touareg. The updates are no better from them.

Sep 23, 2021
Morning all, what a difference a week an a bit makes, had a phone call last week from the supplier as I usually do to say no change in circumstance..... only this week he said that there was a car available and would I be ready for delivery, well of course I said yes and is due this afternoon, I know that not everyone is this fortunate with delivery but just wanted to let people know that cars are still coming through albeit slowly.
will post some pics and a review after a few days.... keep hoping guys it will get delivered at some point. FYI.....
Car was ordered in April, I secured it in June and being delivered in Oct which isn't far off the suppliers first guess.

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Congratulations, I hope that everything is delivered as promised. I also got an update over the weekend, but this was only to say that my car was still 00 - Without Production Week 😕
Fingers crossed this whole situation gets moving in the right direction soon.

Deckard63

Sep 16, 2021
I was wondering this too, as select car leasing have delivery dates for January 2022 which it didn’t say a week ago when I looked.
I’d take those dates with a pinch of salt to be honest. With the component shortage it’s virtually impossible to confirm dates. Mine was ordered end of May with a confirmed build week 31. As of last week it had just finished assembly awaiting shipping, but had been in build for 8 weeks due to part shortages. I was one of the lucky ones as well that has the 12” screen before they de-specced the V1 and V2’s to a 10” screen. When they are built depends on model variant and parts availability, hope you get yours sorted.

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Even a pipeline car is one that is going through production - previously specced etc... so it can still hit delays due to component shortages.

Unless you're buying an already, fully-produced car, delays are still possible.

Pipeline cars just speed up the delivery time, presuming no issues with the production line.

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Exactly the same position! I queried on this as I only had choice between two colours but Cupra has order date listed a week after I signed all paperwork. They’re full of ****, only reason I ordered Formentor over SQ3 was because this should have come a lot quicker …
Audis are having a lot of delivery delays as well, so probably nothing in it.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm currently looking at getting a V2. In the past I've always bought on 4 year PCP then used the voluntary termination option if I wanted at 3 -3 1/2 years or so. However looking at options this time, it seems like it's a lot cheaper to lease on PCH over 3yr rather than PCP over 4! However when purchasing in the past I've always used carwow or drivethedeal where the price given is what you pay. I was wondering though if that's the same on places like nationwide leasing, or whether you can also expect to haggle with theae?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Very slim chances of negotiating, unless you have quote to price match. I read recently, that Nationwide matched some quotes.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Ah ok thanks, it's not so much that I want to, it was more just whether it was to be expected like it is at a dealership. I'm very surprised at the difference between PCP and PCH on this car though. Previous cars I've bought (Audi and Mercedes) the PCP has always worked out far cheaper than PCH, but it's looking quite different on the Formentor. I'm never intending to keep the car after 3 years, I'd just always done PCP so I could get it cheaper over 4 years then get rid after 3, or earlier as part-ex. I presume that same flexibility doesn't come with lease deals? I read you have to pay off the remaining payments if you want to give back early?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
It's not expected to haggle with PCH.

Depending on finance company, there are different rules regarding earlier return. VWFS allows early return at 55% of remaining payments, but Nationwide deal will be funded by other company. ALD or maybe Arval. You can ask about it on the phone.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
I found a deal online with a broker then rang around the local dealers to see if I could get them to match it. First reason was to save the admin fee the brokers charge and the second was being able to collect it from them as some places will insist on delivery.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I found a deal online with a broker then rang around the local dealers to see if I could get them to match it. First reason was to save the admin fee the brokers charge and the second was being able to collect it from them as some places will insist on delivery.
Thanks, yes I'd definitely rather go through the local dealer than a lease company if they can get to or very near the price.

National seem to be the cheapest at the moment unless I've missed something obvious. Only thing keeping me from putting in an order is all the things I'm reading on here about the ACC and infotainment system. I'd pretty picky about things being "glitchy" so unsure whether to wait for them to hopefully be resolved or just bite the bullet and risk it.