Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

dark_dev

Dec 8, 2017
Just signed a PCP on the Formentor VZ1 in Midnight Black (was a asphalt blue but seeing the colour in real life, was huge difference to online configurator)

48 Months
£408 pcm
10k miles
5k deposit from my '19 A220 2 ltr Amg Line premium
£2k cashback for myself in my pocket

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just signed a PCP on the Formentor VZ1 in Midnight Black (was a asphalt blue but seeing the colour in real life, was huge difference to online configurator)

48 Months
£408 pcm
10k miles
5k deposit from my '19 A220 2 ltr Amg Line premium
£2k cashback for myself in my pocket
I was thinking of asphalt blue... What made you change your mind?

dark_dev

Dec 8, 2017
I was thinking of asphalt blue... What made you change your mind?
Like I say I saw some videos / photos on Instagram and review vids of the asphalt blue and it defo didn't look like what u see on the configuration pages on Cupra site.

I just rung dealer and changed to a midnight black. Black is black get what you see. The blue isn't as dark as site makes it look and the grey trim on wheelarches and skirt don't look as nice against the blue either. Makes it look a bit cheap imo

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Ah, I'd best have a look at one in the flesh I think then! I'd been put off black a bit with my current one, absolute nightmare to keep clean and shows every scratch/scuff. I've seen one in white and really wasn't keen.

dark_dev

Dec 8, 2017
Ah, I'd best have a look at one in the flesh I think then! I'd been put off black a bit with my current one, absolute nightmare to keep clean and shows every scratch/scuff. I've seen one in white and really wasn't keen.
I've had a white a220 Merc for last 3 years and I wouldn't go white again. I think black looks mean on the Formentor. I prefer it to the blue, but it's all personal preference.

I'd think black hid the dirt haha

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I've had a white a220 Merc for last 3 years and I wouldn't go white again. I think black looks mean on the Formentor. I prefer it to the blue, but it's all personal preference.

I'd think black hid the dirt haha
Black does the opposite. It shows every single bit of dirt

Lovely colour when clean and looked after. Certainly no car automatic washes.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just had a pcp quote off Stockport.
2500 deposit (p/x equity)
36x£475

Have asked them to give me a pch quote as the above is significantly more than what I've seen online.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
What are peoples experiences in getting dealers to price match other firms? I've just asked Preston to match another offer which was around £50pm cheaper than theirs and it was just a flat no. Happy to go with another firm, just would have preferred to go with the dealer due to potentially better leadtimes.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Dealer only can offer you, what their finance company offers them. So if different finance company (Arval, Zen, etc.) have better offer, dealer won't be able to match it unless he's able to cut his margin a bit and offer cashback or similar.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
What are peoples experiences in getting dealers to price match other firms? I've just asked Preston to match another offer which was around £50pm cheaper than theirs and it was just a flat no. Happy to go with another firm, just would have preferred to go with the dealer due to potentially better leadtimes.
It depends if you mean new car finance (3.9% for PCP) or used car (6.9%).

You're unlikely to find anyone beating the subsidised new car 3.9%, but I found Flow Finance at 6.6% for used cars (you source the car, they pay for it and take your money). Halifax offered 4.9% (for current account holders) but there balloon payment was so low it made the monthly payments much higher than even 6.9%. Flow do chase you incessantly however...

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
It depends if you mean new car finance (3.9% for PCP) or used car (6.9%).

You're unlikely to find anyone beating the subsidised new car 3.9%, but I found Flow Finance at 6.6% for used cars (you source the car, they pay for it and take your money). Halifax offered 4.9% (for current account holders) but there balloon payment was so low it made the monthly payments much higher than even 6.9%. Flow do chase you incessantly however...
New car... I found a price with nationwide vehicle contracts for a new Formentor and asked if the dealer could match that, which they said no.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
New car... I found a price with nationwide vehicle contracts for a new Formentor and asked if the dealer could match that, which they said no.
What rate we they offering? There's nothing to stop you getting the finance via Nationwide, I assume it's the same as Flow (and VWFS) in effect, they pay the balance and the dealer gets the money, they don't care where it comes from (money laundering regulations apart....).

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
What rate we they offering? There's nothing to stop you getting the finance via Nationwide, I assume it's the same as Flow (and VWFS) in effect, they pay the balance and the dealer gets the money, they don't care where it comes from (money laundering regulations apart....).
It was a PCH agreement so I'm not sure - just quoted as a monthly figure.

Reactions: dashnine

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Nationwide has finance founder who ordered large batch of cars at certain discount and then is leasing them to end customers on their own terms. Dealer won't be able to offer the same deal, because their cars are financed by VWFS. Finance company will be the owner of the car.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Nationwide has finance founder who ordered large batch of cars at certain discount and then is leasing them to end customers on their own terms. Dealer won't be able to offer the same deal, because their cars are financed by VWFS. Finance company will be the owner of the car.
It was a factory order, not an in stock order.

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
Try whatcar leasing as dealers put their prices on there. My local dealer quoted and was cheaper than any lease deals, but I know the prices have continued to go up and up by the week. I guess it’s supply and demand and the order books are full up.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Try whatcar leasing as dealers put their prices on there. My local dealer quoted and was cheaper than any lease deals, but I know the prices have continued to go up and up by the week. I guess it’s supply and demand and the order books are full up.
Thanks, that's interesting in that Stockport dealers have a price on there which is pretty much what I'm after. Unfortunately I've phoned them both yesterday and today trying to speak to someone to get a quote, have been told they'll call me back both times, yet have heard nothing. Really starting to piss me off.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just placed an order for a Formentor 1.5 V2 DSG in Asphalt Blue with Stockport Cupra. Got them to match the Nationwide price (providing I agree to collect which is fine as it's only 40mins away) which also saves the arrangement fee of £270.

35+1 months
8000 miles (6p excess mileage rather than 13.2p which Nationwide charge)
£395 p/m

I know it's higher than some of those placed in the last year, but I've honestly looked everywhere and this is the cheapest I've found. Funny thing is they priced it up on PCP after I did a test drive and they wanted £480 a month, which was after p/x of my merc c class which has about £4000 equity in it! 😂 So I'll just sell that and keep the cash, plus be 85 quid a month better off. Crazy.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Been offered this deal from cupra dealer for the 190 v2 formentor
pcp - 8k over 4 years, 3.9%. 2.5k deposit
£390.37 and lump payment of 15,165
Delivery July/August

Alternatively; Nationwide offering lease price
nationwide pch June delivery apparantly
3+35 8k pa
£423.11; 1,269 deposit

6+35 8k pa
£392.15; 2,352 deposit

icarlease (still to get confirmed quote + delivery times)
190 v2 4wd
6+35 8k pa
£381.02; 2,286 deposit paint option to be added

vz1 245 2wd
6+35 8k pa
£372.55; 2,235 deposit paint option to be added

My thoughts are the pcp deal looks better but never had pcp before..

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members