Formentor System Errors

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I’m kind of disagreeing - if the car continues with these issues it’s not good enough to tolerate.
I never expected it to be an amazingly dynamic drive (a remap will improve it when one is eventually available), but I could forego that due to the tech making it a great place to sit, so whilst the tech is failing it doesn’t have enough for me!
Hoping the dealer can pull this **** show out of the bag as if they don’t then my time with this car will be limited.
For some of us, it all works well so I'm hoping they can resolve the issues for you as it is not acceptable to get a car that has so many software issues.

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Anyone else experiencing the infotainment occasionally saying ' changing your settings' giving you either cancel or okay. When I have pressed okay it has changed my driving mode etc and maybe other things...
Yes, I have been having the exact same issues.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Yep I had the exact same issue, Local cupra dealer said it was a problem with the camera module and they had to replace it.. Be aware this requires a special tool (according to cupra) with laser alignment, taken 6 weeks so far just to get the parts and tool (according to local dealer no one on the south coast has this tool so it had to be ordered). will let you know if it solves the problem as expecting it back tomorrow.

Did you ever get this sorted?

My RVC has started showing black images occasionally and on speaking to my local dealer they have said they need a special tool as the camera needs a re-calibration. They don’t have the tool and are waiting for it to turn up then my car will be in for the RVC to be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021

My RVC has started showing black images occasionally and on speaking to my local dealer they have said they need a special tool as the camera needs a re-calibration. They don’t have the tool and are waiting for it to turn up then my car will be in for the RVC to be sorted.

I was kind of hoping that the software update would iron out my camera bug, but on reading the above I think I’m going to have to get it back to the dealer as the first time I used it after the update yesterday it went onto a black screen when reverse was engaged (had actually been working perfectly for a couple of weeks beforehand too).
Such a frustrating car!!!
Going to see how it goes over the next few weeks, but I don’t like relying on the camera anyway (would far rather use sensors and mirrors), so might just wait until it goes in for its first oil change and get it sorted then.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I was kind of hoping that the software update would iron out my camera bug, but on reading the above I think I’m going to have to get it back to the dealer as the first time I used it after the update yesterday it went onto a black screen when reverse was engaged (had actually been working perfectly for a couple of weeks beforehand too).
Such a frustrating car!!!
Going to see how it goes over the next few weeks, but I don’t like relying on the camera anyway (would far rather use sensors and mirrors), so might just wait until it goes in for its first oil change and get it sorted then.

Give your dealer a heads up if you plan to do that.

They probably won’t have the tools required (as my dealer hasn’t) and they have said it could take a few weeks to get them.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
When I took mine in to have the camera replaced the dealer didn't have the alignment tool.

However they were able to get one from a SEAT (not Cupra) dealership in the same group a few miles away within a couple of hours. So it might not the the rare unicorn tool they make out

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
When I took mine in to have the camera replaced the dealer didn't have the alignment tool.

However they were able to get one from a SEAT (not Cupra) dealership in the same group a few miles away within a couple of hours. So it might not the the rare unicorn tool they make out

Glad to hear that.

Ive been told if I haven’t been contacted in the next week to get in touch with them but they are usually good in contacting me.

Did the alignment sort out your issue? I get the black screen occasionally but find I I put the car into drive, clear the image from the screen and put into reverse again the camera works. So in essence it’s not a big issue.

stunew60

Jan 26, 2021

Yes, southampton Seat has the tool. they replaced the camera and calibrated it. Didnt solve the issue though. In fact they made it worse. Now i get a black screen 60-70% of the time and when it does work it flickers on/off. Car went back in today to be looked at. They think it could be software related and I am in the VIN number range for the software issues that need update. Will get it back on Tuesday so will let you know if it works.

Point to note, if they are ordering the tool it comes in 2 parts (they need the laser allignment part as well). The dealer didnt discover this until the first part of the tool arrived so had to order it which took another 2 weeks to arrive.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Car went back in today to be looked at. They think it could be software related and I am in the VIN number range for the software issues that need update. Will get it back on Tuesday so will let you know if it works.

My car has had the dealer software update done and I’m pretty sure one of the modules updated was to do with the RVC so hopefully yours will be fully sorted in return.

Im guessing that when mine is re-calibrated it should be ok as the software update has completed ok.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Glad to hear that.

Ive been told if I haven’t been contacted in the next week to get in touch with them but they are usually good in contacting me.

Did the alignment sort out your issue? I get the black screen occasionally but find I I put the car into drive, clear the image from the screen and put into reverse again the camera works. So in essence it’s not a big issue.

Mine wasn't a software issue, the camera was out of focus from delivery, so appears to have been a defective camera, which they replaced under warranty

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Mine wasn't a software issue, the camera was out of focus from delivery, so appears to have been a defective camera, which they replaced under warranty

Ahh I see.

My image is clear and focused but just doesn’t appear each time. Im told it needs to be re-aligned and re-calibrated.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Are the problems linked to early adopters? Do people who have got cars delivered in the last month or so also facing such issues with reverse camera and infotainment screens.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Are the problems linked to early adopters? Do people who have got cars delivered in the last month or so also facing such issues with reverse camera and infotainment screens.
Mine was picked up 3 weeks ago, it's a V2 with a recent vin number but has an electric tail gate but current infotainment , so god knows when it was built, probably in shifts lol.

My camera issue was just a defective camera installed in the factory. One of those things that just happen sometimes.

Apart from that no significant issues

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
No issues with my VZ2. Delivered 25 March, but build week 6/2021 (I delayed delivery until end of previous lease) 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaz2010

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
VZ Edition that falls bang in the middle of the VIN range, but to date, no real issues experienced, just hoping I don't jinx the car now!!! Took delivery on 30 Dec, some initial software update glitches that sorted themselves out in the first week or so and plain sailing since🤞

Reactions: Yaz2010

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Update done Wednesday at dealer. Showing 1672.
ACC and Lane Assist faults flashing up on my cockpit this morning.......
Amazing.

edited to add - it did it whilst I was driving this time. Hasn’t done that before - verging on dangerous!
Will be phoning the dealer later and giving them one more chance to solve this or I’ll be giving the car back to them. Will start looking into the legality of that soon I think.

Last edited:

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Mine is build week 4/2021 and so far hasn't experienced any issues. Reversing camera froze on me once, nothing else. I'm not going to update software to announced one, in case it breaks something. Don't fix something, that's not broken.

I read about some people in Europe had 4 visits to the dealer already, to fix software issues. There are some unlucky owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanH72

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Update done Wednesday at dealer. Showing 1672.
ACC and Lane Assist faults flashing up on my cockpit this morning.......
Amazing.

edited to add - it did it whilst I was driving this time. Hasn’t done that before - verging on dangerous!
Will be phoning the dealer later and giving them one more chance to solve this or I’ll be giving the car back to them. Will start looking into the legality of that soon I think.
If you're on VW finance I think it's quite easy. I can't believe how many people are having big issues. I expected something but have had nothing and so I've now paid the finance off after a year. Fingers crossed they sort it.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
If you're on VW finance I think it's quite easy. I can't believe how many people are having big issues. I expected something but have had nothing and so I've now paid the finance off after a year. Fingers crossed they sort it.
I am on VW finance.
Hoping it doesn’t come to that but if it isn’t sorted (and sorted quickly) I’m going to have to push it. Completely soured the new car experience, makes me not want to drive the car and today it felt unsafe for the first time.

I put up a post in general, but thought I’d ask here - does anyone have contact details for customer services or a senior manager at Cupra UK? I want to copy them in on a note I’m sending to the local service centre.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members