Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I like the new layout very much, the old grey text used to hurt my eyes after a while.
At the pics they used to say "you cant please all the people all of the time " but I think this will

Last edited:

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
There's also a link on the homepage in the side bar which takes you directly to your inbox. Alternatively if it bothers you that much create a bookmark to your inbox.

It's the panel thing at the right on the homepage I miss throughout the rest of the forum.
(I never enter the forum via the homepage, that's why I miss it.)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just to note for those getting used to it

i have found out here that your browser type and configuration may also affect the view/style especially fonts/text wise so keep it in mind or test others

mine looks superb in safari but firefox 3 leaves it a little thin at present in standard form

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
[B)][B)][B)] ITS VERY BRIGHT:lol:

awesome effort..... big change so it`ll take some getting used to:) new posts button is very useful. lots of extras too

forum looks slightly less formal than it did. more fun:D

top job:clap:

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I say :D

Lot's easier to read, don't make the font smaller some of us are old, on the whole, looking good [B)]

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
forum 1st.. :D just askign as there's a SEAT logo on the rhs and thought new layout would have banners on the right?

clean look new forum. :thumbup:

I bought a new plugin to manage the banners, and before just hitting save & walking off I wanted to test a little more.

do't worry though, they'll be up shortly (as soon as it's reliable!)

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Wow, what a difference! It'll take a bit of getting used to (as did the last major upgrade) but it certainly looks a lot smarter.

Hats off to Martyn and the other techies who have managed this major upgrade with seemingly no hiccups :clap: