Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
No it's in there somewhere. I can't remember who started the thread, but it's in there.

Correct, I assumed the posts would be together but not taken into account the time stamps. He's on a previous page to my post :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I like the pictures & albums option so you can upload and save pics onto your account (only 5 tho).

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
OOO errr its all a bit widescreen!

Not sure on the side bar thing, doesnt really do anything for me.

Like the new post button at the top :D

Could do with different colours for the stickies and maybe a line vertically between the posters details and what they have posted like the old system.

It all very jazzy but won't this take longer to load up the pages, i'm probably not stylish but i'd rather have a faster load up than a more aesthetically pleasing page.

On the whole though.......

:thumbup:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I like the pictures & albums option so you can upload and save pics onto your account (only 5 tho).

That's correct 5 images only. 600x600 pixels maximum and no more than 100kb in file size.

This is another trial were doing, bear in mind that images take up file space which isn't infinite on our server.

Senior members get 10 images.

Directing this at everyone. Use it sensibly or lose it.

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Am liking the new look :d however first thing i noticed was the stickys... well the fact theyre hard to distinguish for us lazy viewers haha.

Maybe a 'slightly' darker colour over them would work better?

When i first signed up on this forum i thought the colour scheme could do with a revamp, but got used to it haha :D good work !!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
That's correct 5 images only. 600x600 pixels maximum and no more than 100kb in file size.

This is another trial were doing, bear in mind that images take up file space which isn't infinite on our server.

Senior members get 10 images.

Directing this at everyone. Use it sensibly or lose it.

I realy like it Mate. Keep your 5 fav pic close to hand :D

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
am i the only one who seems to have a problem telling new posts apart?

all of them seem to be highlight as new threads still even after reading and there seems to be no way of telling new posts in a thread i have already read

am i just being stupid?

edit - ok never mind i was just being stupid

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
am i the only one who seems to have a problem telling new posts apart?

all of them seem to be highlight as new threads still even after reading and there seems to be no way of telling new posts in a thread i have already read

am i just being stupid?

edit - ok never mind i was just being stupid

having that problem too, maybe we just need to adapt.

It took me a week the last time the look was updated!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
seems to be a little confusing when viewing the list of threads as to which ones have new posts to me, thats the only negative comment i would add

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I like the groups even though I'm the only person who's joined the test one lol and the messages on user profiles looks like it will be a cool feature.

Its like Christmas, im discovering new things every minute!!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
What is the tags for?. I just seen NUFC.com :lol:

Mr ZBoyd has SCN Admin ever considered a voluntary scheme where people can purchase a supporter icon or similar for say £10 a year. Money helps with server fees etc.. but members who do wish to use it can get extra PM capacity, garage pics, little privileges etc.. All non mandatory of course, don't want to push the people who only pop in now and again away or not use the full benefits of the site. However for me personally the information gained on here over the last few years is invaluable and I'm sure a lot of members would like to help in some way further. I understand if this would be a headache to manage and I've no doubt it's been discussed before but it is a popular thing on many forums to gain a few extra user benefits and contribute to the site upkeep.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.