FR alloy refurb

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
just wondered if it possable to refurb standerd 16" MK4 FR alloys to a black finish
as some of the cupras have as standerd, and what they would look like on a emotion red 04 FR (anyone any good with photoshop on here seen some of smee's work:clap: ), if it is possable how much would it cost, what do you guys think is it worth it??

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
personally speaking no.

The FR wheels are ok as a standard wheel goes, but they really do not do the Ibiza any justice.

I would say save the £200 it would cost to refurb em and add it to the £350 you would get selling the wheels on ebay and go buy some 17's. either a set of cupra wheels or a set of leon fr wheels in black.

T. Spark

just wondered if it possable to refurb standerd 16" MK4 FR alloys to a black finish
as some of the cupras have as standerd, and what they would look like on a emotion red 04 FR (anyone any good with photoshop on here seen some of smee's work:clap: ), if it is possable how much would it cost, what do you guys think is it worth it??

Im getting mine done at some point, but wouldnt mind a photshop done before hand! Wasnt sure to go for rally slag white, or black, think black would look good, Mike_obd has his std FR 16" alloys done in black, and looks great on his yellow beeza?

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
Just to make parking a little more stressful, BTW mine are becoming black on their own. Seriously now, I think black wheels would look great on a red car, I saw one the other day but they weren't the stock wheels; white wheels might also look good on a red car but you should check that before in photoshop.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
i'll see if i can get a message to smee he done a bloody good ibiza convertable mock up using a peugeot CC someware on here, but i haven't seen him post on here recently. i like my 16's i would only really think on changing to 17's if i go to brembos rather than a TT brake set up

Just a quick effort with photoshop

042Small.jpg

Dont look glossy enough, but you get the idea of what it looks like

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i would never go black, go dark anthracite they as the black wheels make the tyres stand out too much

this is dark anthracite, which are shiny when clean, unlike the picture

IMG_2653.jpg

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
is the dark anthracite a paint color or some other kind of treatment done to the aluminum? also, no one backs me up on white wheels?

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
really love how those black wheels look, I think they'd also look nice on a red car, BTW are those brembo calipers or did you also paint the stock ones? do they fit under the 16 inch wheels? I've also been thinking on what to do to my car to make it stand out a bit but don't know if painted wheels are the answer since the car is silver, opinions?

gazjones

blackwheels.jpg

greywheels.jpg
[/QUOTE]
might be what your loking for! smee did these a few weeks back

T. Spark

They look good, liking the lighter ones, think id go a shadee inbetween maybe

Anyone got any white ones?!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
cheers gaz i was lookin for that, though i'd seen it before
i'm thinking the lighter ones are pretty sweet TBH
anyone got any ideas on price or company's that would do it in the east anglia region

gazjones

think going rate is about 50 a wheel but im not 100 percent on that is ive not really looked into it much!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.