FR Exhaust on 1.6TDI SE?

Rookiereece

Jun 6, 2019
Anyone know if the Fr tailpipes could fit on an older 2014 1.6TDI, I cant bring myself to spend hundreds on a custom system :no: and I would prefer to leave the DPF intact

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
You'll get aftermarket tail pipes that will look just as good and fit anything.

But why bother on a 1.6TDI which couldn't pull the skin off a bowl of custard? ;0)

Rookiereece

Jun 6, 2019
You'll get aftermarket tail pipes that will look just as good and fit anything.

But why bother on a 1.6TDI which couldn't pull the skin off a bowl of custard? ;0)
I've had my leon for a Year and a half, and the lack of power is starting to get to me, I really want a Cupra or a 1.8 Fr but insurance is 1700 for my current leon :sick: I got a cheap quote for an Ibiza cupra but I think I'd feel less of a man driving one :roflmao:

Reactions: JCB360

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
I've had my leon for a Year and a half, and the lack of power is starting to get to me, I really want a Cupra or a 1.8 Fr but insurance is 1700 for my current leon :sick: I got a cheap quote for an Ibiza cupra but I think I'd feel less of a man driving one :roflmao:
Hi.
If you ever need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've had my leon for a Year and a half, and the lack of power is starting to get to me..

Exhaust tips aren't going to make it any faster. Just harder to sell. I would walk away from any car that has been messed with like that.

Get the Ibiza. In the family we've had three Ibizas and two Leons. Before my current 1.4 150 bhp Leon FR I had a 1.2 105bhp Ibiza FR. The Ibiza is more fun and feels faster around town as it's lighter and more nimble.

We also have a 1.6 TDi Leon ST which both FRs leave for dead. If you want a fun, quick car get the Ibiza. The downside is that they feel a bit more cramped, the seats are narrower for instance, and longs drives are less relaxed but everything's a tradeoff.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Exhaust tips aren't going to make it any faster. Just harder to sell. I would walk away from any car that has been messed with like that.

Get the Ibiza. In the family we've had three Ibizas and two Leons. Before my current 1.4 150 bhp Leon FR I had a 1.2 105bhp Ibiza FR. The Ibiza is more fun and feels faster around town as it's lighter and more nimble.

We also have a 1.6 TDi Leon ST which both FRs leave for dead. If you want a fun, quick car get the Ibiza. The downside is that they feel a bit more cramped, the seats are narrower for instance, and longs drives are less relaxed but everything's a tradeoff.

deffo agree with the Ibiza part. Weird Mr Pig I also came from a 1.2 105 ibiza FR and it was a hell of a lot fun compared to my current 1.4 ecotsi FR.
I was tempted with the Ibiza Cupra but the MPG just isn't suitable for my current job, maybe in the future.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Weird Mr Pig I also came from a 1.2 105 ibiza FR and it was a hell of a lot fun compared to my current 1.4 ecotsi FR.

I agree but I just didn't find the Ibiza comfortable enough. Long drives were a chore. The seats were too narrow for me and I couldn't get a good driving position. Great little car though if it suits you.

Reactions: Wilkesy

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Agreed, had a Leon 2.0TDI DSG Mk3 , and a MK5 Ibiza FR Facelift 1.0TSI 3 door, the Ibiza is more fun to drive around teh city and twisty roadds, but on long motorway road trips, Leon was much better! Economy, on paper they were same, in reality, guess what? I usually got tank average of 43-47mpg, motorways, in the mid 50s mpg (petrol) and high 50s (diesel).

Reactions: Wilkesy