FR8ZER's Ibiza Cupra tdi =) De-badging / re-badging + 20mm spacers. pg3

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire
Re: FR8ZER's Cupra tdi =) Now Cat-less (meow)

yeah the diesels get smoked tested or somthing, not emissions value.

Wouldnt have taken it out, the month before its first M.O.T if i thought it was goona fail ;)

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire

yep, took the section off the car... a wee weld at either side of the pipe, fixing it to a metal welding bench. (now nothing can move)

made a cut either side of the cat. ( now its in 2 sections as you've cut a gap in the middle) but it cant move as you welded them down to keep it from moving and loosing its position.

measured the length of pipe required, to replace the gap.

a quick grind to remove rough and rusty sections, weld the new section in. Its now kept its original shape and measurements. grind ur wee welds off the bench so you can move the whole section again, weld up the bottom halfs of your joins.

step back and admire :D Fitted like a glove.

Frazer

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray

Sounds fine and simple. Got a contact who works nightshift at a local fabrication place. So hopefully il give him the cat section at night, and it'll be missing a cat by the morning :) and ready to be refitted!

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire

how does it sound?

bound 2 bump into u at some point mate at a cruise or just around and u'll can hear it. It doesn't actually make too much of a noise difference. the cat isn't a silencer anyway, but u hear the turbo constantly spinning now. Once i get a custom back box done, it will release a lot more sound. But i'm in no hurry for that yet :p

will get the remap etc out of the way shortly, probably before june the 20th ;)

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire
aye that was me pal :cartman: was gonna look for your thread n type the same :) seen u sometime earlier in the week, or last week aswell.

was ur h.i.d's easy to fit??? ;)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
aye that was me pal :cartman: was gonna look for your thread n type the same :) seen u sometime earlier in the week, or last week aswell.

was ur h.i.d's easy to fit??? ;)

Was it you who flashed the hazards on monday night? I just noticed it was a silver car lol

Yeh the HIDs are a doddle to fit. A blind one armed monkey could do it (trust me I managed lol)

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire
nah that was my mate in his silver FR. craigcts on here

should pop up caponacre in cumnock next time ur out and about, were usually playing football or sitting in the motors. be 2 silver ibizas, a focus st170, red LCR usually + the stragglers .

would like a wee nosey 2 see where uv put ur H.I.D ballasts e.t.c unfortunately i'm as useless as A blind one armed monkey, when it comes to headlight bulbs and footery stuff :headhurt:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
nah that was my mate in his silver FR. craigcts on here

should pop up caponacre in cumnock next time ur out and about, were usually playing football or sitting in the motors. be 2 silver ibizas, a focus st170, red LCR usually + the stragglers .

would like a wee nosey 2 see where uv put ur H.I.D ballasts e.t.c unfortunately i'm as useless as A blind one armed monkey, when it comes to headlight bulbs and footery stuff :headhurt:

Cool

Yeh i might take a run up. I'm in cumnock 3 ir 4 nights a week anyway

My ballast are quite hidden away but you can have a look. I took the bumper off to do mine so I could mount them neatly.

I can show you how to do it easy enough

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire
would be brilliant mate :D

i'm fed up reading guides on bumber removal, talking 2 som1 whos done it will probably convince me 2 do the h.i.d's

FR8ZER

PD150 FR+
Feb 8, 2010
East Ayrshire
well, the wee car flew through its first M.O.T this afternoon :D

i've recently poped some falken FK452's on the front they've worn in nicely. The wee motors running really nicely :funk:

almost ready to pop a re-map on but 2 scared 2 discover the clutch is near the end of its life, as i dont wanna fork out £700+ on having it changed. I'm used to not having to sink the foot from 2.5k RPM and squeeze the life out of the clutch, from my civic days.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
does craigcts have a diesel in silver? with a black roof? seen this one twice in killies top car park, yet to spot you down this neck of the woods mate

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise