Free media day at Rockingham

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
Found this on another forum. Anyone going?

Rockingham to stage Media Day
Rockingham will stage the 2008 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship’s official Media Day on Wednesday 12 March and has confirmed that public admission to the event will be free.

From 1pm, the gates will open and fans will be granted access to the circuit’s grandstands and infield paddock to catch their first glimpse of the newly-unveiled BTCC grid as it takes to the track for an official test session.

More than 500 fans turned up mid-week for 2007’s event, also held at Rockingham. And with the BTCC celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2008, there is even more excitement anticipated this time around at the dramatic Northamptonshire venue.

Rockingham’s Director of Sales & Marketing Charlotte Orton, said: “This event proved very popular last season with more than 500 fans taking full advantage of the free access to the circuit for the first official test session.

“Media Day is an excellent opportunity for both teams and fans to prepare for the new season, and we’re thrilled Rockingham has again been chosen to host the BTCC pre-season event next year.”

More details about Rockingham’s BTCC Media Day will be announced nearer the time.

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
I booked the day off work today. Rockingham is only about 15 mins from me. My plan is to wait until the day before and then see what the weather is going to be like.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.