Friday Forge Fun

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Ok.

Originally i had a 007p on the top of the TIP with the pipe running to the charge pipe. This was fitted with the base of the 007p into the TIP (Correct orientation).

I then got a split-R, which sat in the same place, but fitted in the opposite orientation-base port was into the charge pipe hose (Correct).

I then did the coldside relocation and the split-R base now sits in the TB-IC Hose, the side port returns to the TIP. (Correct).

NOW, im going back to the 007p. I want to sanity check that the 007p fits in the ORIGINAL orientation it always did. aka the opposite to the split-R and the base of the 007p will now sit back in the TIP in effect (the pipe returning air to the TIP).

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

So is the way i have shown the 007p in the same pic as split-r the right way to fit it back on??

p.s its been a while since ive used my brain

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
it should fit the exact same way that it fit normally so yes opposite to split r
cos the boost (pressure) still needs to travel throught the valve in the same direction

if that makes sense

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
im about 95% sure im right.
it seems gary agree's

rob your just wrong mate.............dont you know anything!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
it does matter how you install one... one way boost pressure acts against the spring, and only spring pressure keeps the piston on the seat, and the other boost comes in behind the piston and helps seal it under boost.

boost pressure on 007P comes in on the side port, vents out of the bottom.
std green spring sealed piston to 22psi on side port when I tested one may many moons ago... and a whole lot less psi pressurising from the bottom port.

my advise.

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
i think mine may be the wrong way round :doh:

i have the bottom port of my bailey dv30 going to the tb-ic hose (relocation kit) and the side port goes to the TIP

should i reverse it?

edit: actually, can't remember which way i've got it.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
sounds like its the wrong way round mate yeah.
nip round tomorrow if you want, not seen you in ages
ill be at home, licking my wounds

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
yaaaaaaaaas
need money for todays outfall

selling my 4bar fpr as well
everything i had built up for stage 2