Front assist faulty/ heater issues. Same controller issue ?

IBIZANICK

May 18, 2018
have previously posted a similar query -

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi

I have an 18 plate Ibiza which seems to have some hot air issues. The dealership looked at the problem last year and are telling me there is nothing wrong.

Hot air is being pushed out from vents when the climate control is off and all vents are closed. To keep the car at a decent temperature we have tp open the windows and sun-roof.
The centre vent/plastic surround andthe top of the infotainment unit also get very hot.

The problem seems to be worse on the centre vent and the driver side leg vent.

The car is in for annual service next week and the dealer is aware of the issue, so if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

During this time I’ve had issues with the front assist which has been activating when it shouldn’t. It’s been in three times and the dealership have told me it’s due to a faultycontrol unit that controls both functions. They then told me that it may not be the controller.

I find it hard to believe that two disparate functions are contolled by the same component.

Does any one know if this would be the case, or is the dealership stringing me along.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal