Front Badge Replacement for Mk1 Leon

hcuk94

Dec 27, 2022
hi all, on my mk1 Leon (2004), the front badge is tilting backwards, I think the clips that make up part of the Seat 'S' logo have broken, causing the logo itself to vibrate out of place. The rest of the grille is fine.
How easy is it to replace the front badge if I manage to find a spare? Mine has vertical lines rather than the honeycomb style. Is it just the very middle part of the grille with the logo on it which pops out on its own?
Also, would the grille from a Cupra/FR/etc of the same generation be fit my (boring edition) Leon?
Thanks in advance!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
You'd probably be best gluing it back on since they're now obsolete and go for £100+ on eBay.
You can change the grille slats, but it's a bumper off job and you have to use a soldering iron to melt the plastic welds to remove the old one

hcuk94

Dec 27, 2022
You'd probably be best gluing it back on since they're now obsolete and go for £100+ on eBay.
You can change the grille slats, but it's a bumper off job and you have to use a soldering iron to melt the plastic welds to remove the old one
thanks for your help. I've glued it for now but it's still not as good as I'd like.
If by any chance one comes up cheaper on eBay/wherever, is it just the centre grille around the logo that can be changed independently? or is that what you're saying I need bumper off + soldering iron for?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.