Front Seat Operation

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
Good Morning

So, I last posted on the forum when I took delivery of my current Leon MK3 1.5 TSI130 three years ago. Well time has flown and I'm just about to take delivery of the new Leon 1.5 eTSI 150 FR Sport Auto DSG. Looking forward to it, especially being an automatic. Tired and bored of changing gears :)

Anyway, one thing I can not seem to find any information on is the operation of the front seats. In the Seat brochure for the Leon, it states that the FR Sport comes with;

'Powered Driver seat with memory and manual height adjustment for passenger'

'Powered Lumber adjustment on driver side, manual on passenger side'

However, the little number 1 printed next to these, in the brochure, apparently means that it is 'Not available on eTSI engine'. The way I read this is that I will not be getting a powered drivers seat.

When I asked the dealer about this, they didn't seem to know an answer, so I'm reaching out here.

Seems a bit odd to me. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike

Attachments

• 20211103_091603.jpg
    20211103_091603.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 77

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I've got an FR on order, was looking at an FR sport originally though, yes I think that's true, stupid that when you get certain models, similar with the Octavia, with the same engine, you can't get the upgraded canton sound system

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I can vaguely remember reading - on this forum I think - that there may be some of the tech associated with the eTSI model under the front seats. If so, then there probably isn’t space under the seats to accommodate the electric motors to power them.

Maybe someone with a 1.5 eTSI 150 FR Sport Auto DSG can confirm (or not) if this is the reason.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I have a First Edition eTSI on right hand drive cars, the 48v battery is under the driver's seat and the 48v to 12v converter is under the passenger seat. The height of them is about level with the rails the seat slides back and forth on

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
I have a First Edition eTSI on right hand drive cars, the 48v battery is under the driver's seat and the 48v to 12v converter is under the passenger seat. The height of them is about level with the rails the seat slides back and forth on
Thank you for the information. Really appreciated. Shame about not having the electric seats.

So another stupid question, what are these batteries for? I purposely did not choose the Hybrid Engine because of cost, so why does the engine I have chosen have batteries?

Mike

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The eTSI is a Mild Hybrid.

So the 48v battery is used to power a electric motor to assist the engine when accelerating. Recuperating braking energy with regenerative braking. The car is also able to turn the engine off when coasting it then starts it up again when pressing the accelerator pedal. Mild hybrid only assists the engine the car can't move on electric power only.

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
The eTSI is a Mild Hybrid.

So the 48v battery is used to power a electric motor to assist the engine when accelerating. Recuperating braking energy with regenerative braking. The car is also able to turn the engine off when coasting it then starts it up again when pressing the accelerator pedal. Mild hybrid only assists the engine the car can't move on electric power only.

Ah, brilliant. Thankyou.

Mike

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
That's a pain, I didn't notice that small print when I ordered my FR Sport eTSi :mad:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.