Front Wiper arm/motor knackered!!!

gixerphil78

Hi All

I have a 2002 Ibiza 1.4 Chill. The front wiper motor arm seems to have worn and the driver side ball joint keeps coming apart. I have been quoted £150 for a replacement fitted...has anyone had this trouble before, is it an easy job to change yourself and are the parts easy enough to get hold of?

Cheers in advance!

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Hi All

I have a 2002 Ibiza 1.4 Chill. The front wiper motor arm seems to have worn and the driver side ball joint keeps coming apart. I have been quoted £150 for a replacement fitted...has anyone had this trouble before, is it an easy job to change yourself and are the parts easy enough to get hold of?

Cheers in advance!

Yes several people have this issue, I had wiper motor go on me twice. Do it yourself. Easy. For parts try ebay, a breakers or just buy parts only from VW.

gixerphil78

Hi All, have managed to get the new replacement parts...has anyone fixed this themselves before...is it a simple procedure to do?

Garage has quoted £65 labour for fitting it but i don't fancy that...if anyone has experience of this i'd love to hear your thoughts on how to go about it...tools needed, how long it takes etc...

Thanks

footlong

Oct 12, 2007
South yorkshire
you sure it's the motor and not just the ball joint is worn? also- that crap about it being a full replacement is nonsense. my dealer told me that too (no names mentioned) but i was able to but the arms from a vw dealer for about £20 each. if the motor is gone then no doubt it'll be expensive, but usually it just a wear and tear issue.

gixerphil78

It's the ball-joint on the drivers side of the linkage that is worn...have been told i can't get the seperate parts of the linkage and have to buy the piece as one unit which is £85 new from a seat dealer.

sanmiguel

Any luck on those part numbers - I am having the same problem but on the passenger side. Every garage / breaker I speak to says you can only buy the whole system !

Cheers

sanmiguel

If it helps - part numbers I have been given are

6K0 955 325 - drivers side
6K0 955 326 - passenger side
6K0 955 121 - link

Dealers quoting silly money £75 + vat

Gone down the scrappy route - £31 inc delivery for all 3 parts (hope in good condition !)
Every other dealer would only supply complete with motor !

sanmiguel

Update - linkage arrived yesterday - all ok.
Just spent the last 20 minutes fitting - rather than remove the whole system, just separated the middle piece that I needed, clicked into place & now have passenger & driver wipers working......:D