fronts passenger electric window

twin2189

Feb 4, 2010
today i opened up my door to try and find out why my windows wasnt going down all the way i was thinking that it was catching on something but when i opened it it looked like some one had bodged it together and it all fell apart so my passenger windows is not working anymore, all of the cables and runners came loose, can anybody give me any advice of what i can do and if anybody knows anywere in birmingham were to get it sorted?

thanks

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
today i opened up my door to try and find out why my windows wasnt going down all the way i was thinking that it was catching on something but when i opened it it looked like some one had bodged it together and it all fell apart so my passenger windows is not working anymore, all of the cables and runners came loose, can anybody give me any advice of what i can do and if anybody knows anywere in birmingham were to get it sorted?

thanks

Sorry mate but what you are saying is quite vague...
Did you remove both the plastic and the metal door cards?
like this?

Doorbare.jpg

If so, is it the bracket and cable assembly on the back of the door card that winds the window?

I have to admit when I had my door cards off I never really looked at this assembly, but if it is totally biffed I would suggest looking for a complete metal door card from a scrappy - complete with the brackets and linkages... this may be less hassle than trying to source seperate parts.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You can get a window regulator assembly from Seat or a pattern part from a motor factor. I inspected both and I went for the pattern part as it was half the price and just as good build quality. It's everything you need to fix a door window, all you do is screw your motor onto the new regulator assembly then fit it and clamp the glass in.

IIRC to remove the old one you have to drill out a few aluminum rivets but the new one bolts in with new bolts in the kit. The kit cost me £58 I think.

If you do a search you may find my old thread with a guide and pics.

twin2189

Feb 4, 2010
i removed the two door cars yes i was just wondering how hard it would be to buy a new regulator and fit it myself or would it be easier to get a pro to fit it for me ??

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
From what Nath said it should`nt be hard to source a regulator if this is the problem but if you are not confident in doing it yourself it may be better to get a trusted garage/mechanic to do it.

twin2189

Feb 4, 2010
anyone know what the best thing to buy would be a whole regulator kit or a repair kit, the motor and everyfink still working just the metal bars and cables that have come loose also the winder with the cable around it is all tangled??

thanks

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Like I said you could try a complete door card from a scrappy (minus motor and electrics). If it is a straight swap maybe you could do it yourself since you removed the card by yourself... I don`t know what this would cost though.