FSIII Caliper/Guide Pin - HELP!

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Afternoon chaps/esses

I thought I'd replace the disc/pads on my Mk1 Leon this morning. Started with the NS which swapped over really easy (should've realised and packed up and gone home).

Next came the O/S, firstly some d!ck had sheared the little securing screw so I pulled the caliper off and the disc fell off :shrug:, I cleaned up and get everything ready to go back on. Started tightening the guide bolts and they just turned and turned... It looks like same kn0b had cross threaded them previously and when I undid them it's stripped the hub.[:@]

Is it a case of either re-tap the hub or is it a new hub?

Ta
Dave

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
New bearing housing as SEAT call it, done loads where people overtighten the guide and pull the threads.

Need the housing, new bearing etc.

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Cheers for such a rapid response guys, that's what I'd guessed! I'll limp it to the garage tonight so the bolt don't slip (hopefully!) and give them a ring in the morning!

I'd agree with you m0rk I'm not sure about the helicoils you don't want to risk it with your brakes!

Ta,
dave

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'd buy a new hub carrier before you take it to the garage. Better to have it laid up at home, rather than at a garage

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.