Fuel consumption with climate system

andycupra

status subject to change
depends how you use it manually.

some people will leave the automatic one on all the time, and rarely use air con manually... this may promote less use of the air con function; and therefore manual would be more fuel efficient.

However on the other hand, some people may use the manual function alot and cool the car more than the auto system might.

i would think that for most people a manual system would be used less.

But if you wanted to know if you wanted to cool the car to a set temperature using either system, i cant see there being anything other than a 'nats c()ck' of a difference. As with anything its how you use it manually that makes the difference.
Much like the arument over cruise control, - its all down to the user.

yusuf_1977

depends how you use it manually.

some people will leave the automatic one on all the time, and rarely use air con manually... this may promote less use of the air con function; and therefore manual would be more fuel efficient.

However on the other hand, some people may use the manual function alot and cool the car more than the auto system might.

i would think that for most people a manual system would be used less.

But if you wanted to know if you wanted to cool the car to a set temperature using either system, i cant see there being anything other than a 'nats c()ck' of a difference. As with anything its how you use it manually that makes the difference.
Much like the arument over cruise control, - its all down to the user.

so is it possible to say only the control sistem is different the remaining parts all the same?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members