Fuel Guage Accuracy?

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you knew how accurate the ananlogue fuel guage is compared to the digital one? Only i was driving earlier, digital guage stating '0' miles, with the analoge guage still up a few mm from the end.

Anybody shed any light on it, or is the analogue gauge on mine a bit 'out'?

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Ive driven on 0 fuel gauge reading for 40 miles, no problem apart from a clench momoent everytime it stutters

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i wouldn't risk it in a diesel however accurate it is...but some people have manages 50+ miles with digital gauge at 0...i believe this is a standard safety feature

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I hate the low fuel beep!

I've driven for about 20miles when the computer was on 0 miles. Only because I missed a service station on the motorway :lol:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I have driven mine (PD130), for more than 30 miles from when I noticed the digital read 0.
It was on zero when I switched over to it, so it could have been much more! :whistle:
I know that when it beeps you have ~7 litres left.

tb130

Apr 17, 2009
I normally allow about 45 miles after the beep but think i could get much more as i am only able to fit in about 39litres. How low do people actually let the analogue gauge drop? normally i fill up as it touches the red (as i say, having done about 45 miles on the beep).

Cheers

Keef83

Nov 25, 2008
Maidstone
I have gone through the red line of the gauge before now although probably not advisable, I can normally get about 40 miles from the top of the red line but I commute on moterways quite abit so good MPG's.

[Edit]
Sorry 1.9 TDI FR