Fuel tank?

ROBD--M15RPD

Dec 5, 2006
Chelmsford Essex
This may be a really simple question. How big is the fuel tank on a 07 1.4. I think its 40 litres, for some reason though my car has done 100 miles from full and the needle has not moved. If im right after 100 miles I should have used something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance rob

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Your possibly filling up the pipe too. Obviously when you fuel up theres still some in the tank and when you add 40 litres your "overfilling" it as such. So it will sit in the fuel pipe until theres space for it to flow down into the tank.
The fuel gauge is measured from the tank so any "excess" in the fuel pipe wont be taken into consideration.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
If you vent the tank also you'll experiance the same thing.
I've managed to get 189 Miles out of my 1.9TDI (Driving like a saint) without the needle moving!

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
Mine does the same, i fill it to the top and then the needle doesnt start to move until ive does about 112 mile. I usually get about 400 - 450 to the tank

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
so its not bad for it to be sitting in the fuel pipe? if anything it allows you to get more out of a "tank" right?

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
I think i've accidentally vented my tank, i got 52 litres in my car before the first click :S

But yeah, the fuel gauge is rubbish, complete waste of time relying on it, just look up your cars MPG and work out the average range when planning a long trip..

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Yeah it depends on the temperature on the day, and if you vent/fill the neck or whatever.
I don`t think the counters on the pumps are accurate either.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
This may be a really simple question. How big is the fuel tank on a 07 1.4. I think its 40 litres, for some reason though my car has done 100 miles from full and the needle has not moved. If im right after 100 miles I should have used something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance rob

My car does this aswell. I see you have the mk5 ibiza 17 inch 'Sport' alloys, do you have any decent pics of these on your car because i think they would look good on the mk4. Saw some at a scrappy the other day and wondered if they would fit!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.