Full LED light design on 2017+ ibizas

Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, hope everyones doing well! Was just wondering which Ibiza’s had the full LED DRL (picture 1) as opposed to basic LED DRLs (picture 2) and from which date? I had a look online but couldnt find pricelists for the 2017 and 2018 facelift ibizas. This is purely out of curiosity, thank you!
CBC38B99-62C5-4DB5-9582-B9F8F4CB5F4E.jpeg
7788577D-FE0B-44B5-A6EF-677321D03B7E.jpeg

Oct 5, 2020
Sorry if I’m being daft, where can you buy it? I dont see it as an extra on any price list?

edit - I have 2017 facelift FR which is supposed to have the full LED pack but i have the lights in picture 2

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I believe currently only the FR/Xcellence models have it as standard. Everything else is an extra. I have a 2017 FR and it has the basic DRL's. I think that changed to the LED's in late 2018???

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Sorry if I’m being daft, where can you buy it? I dont see it as an extra on any price list?

edit - I have 2017 facelift FR which is supposed to have the full LED pack but i have the lights in picture 2
@Krish123; LED headlamps were an extra cost option on SE models and above in 2017; page 20 of brochure at the link below. That was when the model range consisted of just the S, SE, FR and Xcellence;

They’re standard now on FR models and above. I think they became standard when Seat dropped the entry level S model and expanded the model range from four to six models (SE, SE technology, FR, FR Sport, Xcellence and Xcellence Lux) but I don’t know exactly when that happened. Brochure at the link below is dated Dec 2018 and LED headlamps are listed as standard equipment on page 4 for the FR and above.

Reactions: Krish123
Oct 5, 2020
@Krish123; LED headlamps were an extra cost option on SE models and above in 2017; page 20 of brochure at the link below. That was when the model range consisted of just the S, SE, FR and Xcellence;

They’re standard now on FR models and above. I think they became standard when Seat dropped the entry level S model and expanded the model range from four to six models (SE, SE technology, FR, FR Sport, Xcellence and Xcellence Lux) but I don’t know exactly when that happened. Brochure at the link below is dated Dec 2018 and LED headlamps are listed as standard equipment on page 4 for the FR and above.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the explanation!!

Andromedo

Feb 19, 2019
Croatia
I ordered mine on September 2017 and optioned for full led lights. The car was delivered on January 2018. So they were available since day one of the sale

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2020
I ordered mine on September 2017 and optioned for full led lights. The car was delivered on January 2018. So they were available since day one of the sale

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Ye, I was just a bit confused as everything I saw now had everything (minus a couple of optional extras) included in the trim. I wasn’t aware that in 2017 they had all of this stuff as optional extras.

Reactions: Andromedo

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
In the UK they simplified everything. Lots of companies have done similar- look at Audi's lineup. Some companies have said something about it being to do with the WLTP protocols, but the fact that Seat aren't doing this 'EZ move' approach in other countries says that's false. I think certain currency changes since a certain referendum might have something to do with it. Going the route Seat have minimises production costs and maximises return when currency fluctuations are causing havoc.

Reactions: Krish123
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.