Full Link activation after software update

Nir Jacob

Dec 26, 2018
Hi,
I have seat ibiza FR pro 2018 and I have version 0468 and I found here the link to download the 0479 update.. I wish to update to 0515 but I don't want to damage my unit.
Full link is unlocked at my car and I don't know if its like this from the manufacturer or the guy before me unlock it with a dealer.

My question is, if I update my unit to 0479 I will lose my Full Link activation??

Thanks[=

Attachments

• IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    617.3 KB · Views: 687

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
If you go from 0468 -> 0479, you will still have all features active as before (as long as their are legitimate).

Do not go from 04xx -> 05xx software, unless you want a dead / problematic device. Simply not worth it.
The higher number in the VW head unit naming scheme does not mean newer version, but a different set of hardware and software combinations.

For example 04xx are all head units produced by brand X and are validated to work with that software package.
While 05xx are all head units produced by brand Y and are validated to work with a different set of software packages.

If you mix hardware from brand X and software from brand Y, than you will have a bad time, and 0 additional new features / bug fixes.

Nir Jacob

Dec 26, 2018
If you go from 0468 -> 0479, you will still have all features active as before (as long as their are legitimate).

Do not go from 04xx -> 05xx software, unless you want a dead / problematic device. Simply not worth it.
The higher number in the VW head unit naming scheme does not mean newer version, but a different set of hardware and software combinations.

For example 04xx are all head units produced by brand X and are validated to work with that software package.
While 05xx are all head units produced by brand Y and are validated to work with a different set of software packages.

If you mix hardware from brand X and software from brand Y, than you will have a bad time, and 0 additional new features / bug fixes.
Thank you so much for your answer! I will do the update tomorrow and see if it will work as expected.
BTW on my unit I saw that I can use USB or SD card to install the update, if I’m using USB it’s the same preparation as the SD card?

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Thank you so much for your answer! I will do the update tomorrow and see if it will work as expected.
BTW on my unit I saw that I can use USB or SD card to install the update, if I’m using USB it’s the same preparation as the SD card?
I am not sure, since I updated using the SD card. The setup was easy to do and took about 15 minutes. You might want to use a battery charger or keep the car running during the update. Just to make sure there are no problems if the battery drains out.

Nir Jacob

Dec 26, 2018
I am not sure, since I updated using the SD card. The setup was easy to do and took about 15 minutes. You might want to use a battery charger or keep the car running during the update. Just to make sure there are no problems if the battery drains out.
Why? I can’t update the software when the car is running? (engine on..)

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Why? I can’t update the software when the car is running? (engine on..)
You can, and you should keep the car running.
If the car is off, and your battery dies in the middle of the software update, you have a dead / bricked head unit.

Mik ibi17

Jun 2, 2018
Hi guys, I have a 2017 ibiza 1.0 tsi with the same hardware but the software is at 0462. Can I update directly to 0479?

Apr 26, 2021
Ancona
Hi all, I'm new on this forum, I'm buying a used Ibiza and will come with first version of software, is there a download section to download latest "MEDIA SYSTEM PLUS - NAVI SYSTEM" update?

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Hi all, I'm new on this forum, I'm buying a used Ibiza and will come with first version of software, is there a download section to download latest "MEDIA SYSTEM PLUS - NAVI SYSTEM" update?
It is not that simple. It is not one file / version universally available. There are at least 3 variants and several versions per variant. Each variant is from a different hardware manufacturer.
When you get the car, you need to tell us what version it is currently running. Than we can check for an update.

Apr 26, 2021
Ancona
It is not that simple. It is not one file / version universally available. There are at least 3 variants and several versions per variant. Each variant is from a different hardware manufacturer.
When you get the car, you need to tell us what version it is currently running. Than we can check for an update.
Really thanks for your clarification, I will read :)

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
I found this folder but is deleted, someone can re-upload?
https://bit.ly/35LTrKL
You can find the downloads here:
https://mega.nz/folder/b4VkmDJJ#PE2C7Te_Yl0pw1TydB--Bg/folder/alt21SoQ
For your car the latest download is: "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0479T.7z"

I have flashed that exact same firmware on my car successfully a couple of months ago, and did not have any issues so far.

If I remember correctly, the flashing procedure is this:
You need an SD card of 8 GB (or more). Make sure the card is formatted as FAT32 before you copy anything to it.
Extract the contents of the archive (mentioned above) into the root folder of the SD card.
Go into the car, and make sure you take out the navigation SD card if you have it in your storage drawer / glove box compartment.
Put the firmware SD card into slot #1. Again make sure slot #2 is empty.
Start the car or put the battery charger on your cars battery.
Press and hold the "Menu" icon (located below the car icon in the right column of icons) on the head unit until a hidden menu appears.
Once inside the menu you should see an option to update/upgrade firmware. Follow its instructions.
The process takes about 15 minutes to complete, depending on how fast your SD card is.

*And lastly, if I remember correctly* Once finished, you will get a question if you want to cancel / rollback the update. Say no...

It will than say an error occured, but that is normal. Press ok / continue, and you are finished.
You can shutdown/restart the head unit, by holding the power button, and check that you now have the version "479".

To explain why the error occurs at the end of the flashing process:
It is used internally for Seat / VW to see that there was a change in the software version of the head unit.
The exact error description is "Confirmation of version change". So that if a customer complaints their head unit does not work, they will see that it was tampered with unofficially. This error can be removed using OBDEleven or VCDS, but it does not have any negative impacts on the head unit.

My car has the error still active since I don't own VCDS or OBDEleven.

May 8, 2021
Germany
You can find the downloads here:
https://mega.nz/folder/b4VkmDJJ#PE2C7Te_Yl0pw1TydB--Bg/folder/alt21SoQ
For your car the latest download is: "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0479T.7z"

I have flashed that exact same firmware on my car successfully a couple of months ago, and did not have any issues so far.

If I remember correctly, the flashing procedure is this:
You need an SD card of 8 GB (or more). Make sure the card is formatted as FAT32 before you copy anything to it.
Extract the contents of the archive (mentioned above) into the root folder of the SD card.
Go into the car, and make sure you take out the navigation SD card if you have it in your storage drawer / glove box compartment.
Put the firmware SD card into slot #1. Again make sure slot #2 is empty.
Start the car or put the battery charger on your cars battery.
Press and hold the "Menu" icon (located below the car icon in the right column of icons) on the head unit until a hidden menu appears.
Once inside the menu you should see an option to update/upgrade firmware. Follow its instructions.
The process takes about 15 minutes to complete, depending on how fast your SD card is.

*And lastly, if I remember correctly* Once finished, you will get a question if you want to cancel / rollback the update. Say no...

It will than say an error occured, but that is normal. Press ok / continue, and you are finished.
You can shutdown/restart the head unit, by holding the power button, and check that you now have the version "479".

To explain why the error occurs at the end of the flashing process:
It is used internally for Seat / VW to see that there was a change in the software version of the head unit.
The exact error description is "Confirmation of version change". So that if a customer complaints their head unit does not work, they will see that it was tampered with unofficially. This error can be removed using OBDEleven or VCDS, but it does not have any negative impacts on the head unit.

My car has the error still active since I don't own VCDS or OBDEleven.
Hi all,

is it possible / save to update my system 5QA035858B, HW: H41 from Version 0468 to 0479 at my Seat Ibiza 2018 by using the file "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0479T.7z" as described above via SD card (slot #1 etc.)?

Thnx a lot for your help in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Hi all,

is it possible / save to update my system 5QA035858B, HW: H41 from Version 0468 to 0479 at my Seat Ibiza 2018 by using the file "MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0479T.7z" as described above via SD card (slot #1 etc.)?

Thnx a lot for your help in advance!
Yes, the same process from my previous post should work on your car. Hardware unit is the same, software branch/variant is compatible. (y)

Jun 22, 2021
Hi all!

Can anyone help me to confirm that I can update my system?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_181412.jpg
    IMG_20200518_181412.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 281