Full link system

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi

I have just purchased a 67 plate Alhambra. On my stereo it says I need to contact the stealers for an activation code, I have done and they want £250 seems a bit excessive.

Can this be done vcds/vag.com does any 1 know??

Thanks

Jason.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Can you not take it back to where you purchased it from? Surely if you just bought it and being a 67 plate they should help you out? Didn't realise we'd gone back to activation codes. Eg on my MK2 Leons the stereo has always been coded to the car so you could remove it and disconnect it as much as you like.

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
We had exactly the same on our 67 plate se lux, but our dealer cocked up, they only quoted £120 as they said it just needed the code, they did it when the car went in for service but when I got home and tried it it didn’t work, I then read the manual that come with it and it said you needed a new usb and aux port plug and connection plug for the back of the socket, contacted them the next day, they admitted they’ed messed up and ordered the 2 parts, come to about £25 ( I didn’t pay tho) the thing was the dealers are miles away, so as I’m a mechanic and I got them to send me the parts instead and I’d fit them, it’s about an hour and a half job and you have to take the centre console apart to get to the wiring, Wright fiddly job and you will need the correct pin unlocking tools for the electrical connections to swop the wiring over the the new plug. But after I had fitted it it now works a treat! I presume your price includes £120 for full link, £25 parts and 1 and a bit hours labour to fit. Don’t let them fob you off that just the activation will work! It won’t! I have the part numbers in the garage, I’ll sort them out for you tomorrow!

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I
Can you not take it back to where you purchased it from? Surely if you just bought it and being a 67 plate they should help you out? Didn't realise we'd gone back to activation codes. Eg on my MK2 Leons the stereo has always been coded to the car so you could remove it and disconnect it as much as you like.

I got the car from big motoring world. I have contacted them and basically they have washed there hands with it. Very disappointed to be honest.

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
We had exactly the same on our 67 plate se lux, but our dealer cocked up, they only quoted £120 as they said it just needed the code, they did it when the car went in for service but when I got home and tried it it didn’t work, I then read the manual that come with it and it said you needed a new usb and aux port plug and connection plug for the back of the socket, contacted them the next day, they admitted they’ed messed up and ordered the 2 parts, come to about £25 ( I didn’t pay tho) the thing was the dealers are miles away, so as I’m a mechanic and I got them to send me the parts instead and I’d fit them, it’s about an hour and a half job and you have to take the centre console apart to get to the wiring, Wright fiddly job and you will need the correct pin unlocking tools for the electrical connections to swop the wiring over the the new plug. But after I had fitted it it now works a treat! I presume your price includes £120 for full link, £25 parts and 1 and a bit hours labour to fit. Don’t let them fob you off that just the activation will work! It won’t! I have the part numbers in the garage, I’ll sort them out for you tomorrow!

Ok thanks for that. I will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealers then as I wouldn't fancy doing all that. When ever I work on cars theres always something else goes wrong or screws left over ect lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys

simonbalaam

Jun 28, 2021
Ok thanks for that. I will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealers then as I wouldn't fancy doing all that. When ever I work on cars theres always something else goes wrong or screws left over ect lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys
Ah another Big Motoring World customer! Sounds like the same story to us. Did you go to the dealer in the end and sort it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise