Full Link Upgrade

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Chaps/ Chapesses...

Like many of you, I received an email from Seat advertising Full Link upgrade for £199. The simple question.....is it worth it? I had mentioned it to the wife who offered to pay for it as a Xmas present but I have never seen it being used. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Thats OK then lol

A few people are reading it as though they can update the previous system

If I had the choice I would have it

your sat nav would be future proof with it! due to the fact you can just run it off your mobile plus a host of other reasons

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
I have it on mine using an iPhone 6. Really cool and as the standard nav is a bit crap it's nice to have an alternative although google maps would be nice. Maybe is different for Android users.

I paid £150 for it from new. Only downside is that you have to plug in the phone. I find myself turning bluetooth on and keeping the phone in my pocket for journeys where I know where I need to go. The placement of the USB cable and the charging point on the iPhone make it awkward to put it of the way of the gear stick.

Spotify app is cool and haven't really used it for much else. It's cool and the cost of rolling it up into the car purchase was minimal. Not sure if I'd fork out £199 though...

Hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
No connection to them but I love an app called trigger. It's very mature and works like this.

You set up various triggers such as wifi, Bluetooth, apps so that when you leave your house bt is switched on and then when in your car it automatically connects. You can change all your phone settings automatically like volume, brightness etc. You switch off stuff you don't need too. On return you switch off bt and reverse all the other settings so your volume is more suited to home etc.

It is free no ads. Been using it for over a year on seve r al Android phones and two cars.

Faultless

plain

Mar 10, 2015
Has anyone actually done the full link upgrade on here? I know on the Skoda forums there was issues with dealers not knowing anything about it or saying it can't be done even though the car was asking for the activation code.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Has anyone actually done the full link upgrade on here? I know on the Skoda forums there was issues with dealers not knowing anything about it or saying it can't be done even though the car was asking for the activation code.

If you look at page 3 of the iPod Connection / Full Link thread - Madefield has had it done and seems like it went fine:

(I can't add the hyperlink as don't have enough posts yet)

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
I've had the retrofit upgrade done. I love it because Siri can be used to control almost everything. I also bought a 20cm lightning cable off eBay which makes a nice tidy solution.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.