Funny noise from y Cupra on warm up

JimCupra

Aug 21, 2008
Bucks
Yeah, sounds like the same thing. Its pretty annoying, especially first thing in the morning... neighbours keep looking at me like the cars about to explode! Going to have to put up with it till next year (got a wedding to get through first) then try and find a replacement, see if that helps. :(

mishy

Jim,

atleast you've narrowed it down i suppose. I'd start the (cold) car with it jacked and quickly get under to see where its comign from, I think the noise im talkin about can only come from the pump motor but perhaps if the connecting pipe work is either not seated or got a hole it may blast out of those.

Otherwise head over to Forge and get the Secondary air pump blanking/removal kit as Adam pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimCupra

Aug 21, 2008
Bucks
checking the pipework was the next thing on the list to check....Considered taking it off, but I kinda think it must have a purpose or it wouldnt be there from the factory....so would rather fix it. Try and check the pipes this week......

mishy

Adam, you got the Forge Blanking plate fitted yea? noticed anything different ?

My understanding is its mainly to do with warming the cold CAT up while the autochoke is on, the quicker its up to temp the quicker and better job it'll be at removing bad emissions, perhaps perlong the life of the CAT?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If you have a leak it will bring on the EML light with the incorrect flow code.......if you only have a noisy pump then thats pretty normal.

I never fitted the blanking plate because when I went to remove the pump I found the rivets had corroded so I fixed the pump instead.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.