Funny things are happening!

ATJD

Hello

Although I've owned a V5 (170bhp) for 3 years or more I've never found this site! However, its full of useful information and tips so great stuff.

I've got two specific problems which I was wondering if someone could help with?

1) Engine Temp Gaugue on the dash seems to have gone bonkers. During normal driving it seems to fluctuate downwards and upwards (never going past the middle line though). It seems to fix itself for a short while following a drop in gear and bit of acceleration, although comes back after 5 minutes or so. (Its also happening on my missus' A3 - exactly the same). I've done about 60k and hers is up at about 76k.

I've two thoughts on this - is it the MAF? Or would it be merely a sensor gone somewhere? If the former, what's the best route of fixing it?

2) Secondly, SatNav has gone haywire. I've read through some of the post son here but would like to know what's the best approach to a fix. Would it be done to the dealers or attempt a self fix. The symptons are that it can see 29 satellites, but cannot get a GPS fix - hence useless.

Ta in advance.

ATJD

Deleted member 5241

The first one sounds like you've got a problem with your Thermostat to me for both cars. On your wifes A3, is it the 1.8 engine? If so, have it done at the same time you have the cambelt done. Whilst you're at it, get the waterpump and bearings changed at the same time.

Second one, not a clue. But, as with all things computers, give it a hard reset i.e. disconnect the power and reapply. See if that works in the first instance.

HTH

ATJD

The first one sounds like you've got a problem with your Thermostat to me for both cars. On your wifes A3, is it the 1.8 engine? If so, have it done at the same time you have the cambelt done. Whilst you're at it, get the waterpump and bearings changed at the same time.

Second one, not a clue. But, as with all things computers, give it a hard reset i.e. disconnect the power and reapply. See if that works in the first instance.

HTH

Wife's is 1.6 sport engine. Does that make a difference?

For mine I guess its down the dealers to check out?

ATJD

I would say the first problem is the coolant sensor which i believe is part number S059919501A which should only set you back about £28. Make sure it's the green top sensor and not the dodgy blue one!!

Welcome :thumbup:

Thanks very much.

Is it difficult to fit yourself or am I best not messing about with it?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.