Fuse layout

Bountyhunter

Yeah....just noticed there's another blue one above in further in, just take both out and see?

Bountyhunter

hmmm used vaultmeter for both of them and numbers changed, so blue ones can't be blown, hmmm, maybe it's the other colour..

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Only place the other fuses are, next stage is to get the connector of the solenoid and check for power there.
My solenoid had packed up when i got the car.

Bountyhunter

how do I check for power there matey? I'm completely not a car person lol, cheers for help so far.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
no problem use the voltmeter and get some one to press the button (take the keys out of the ignition...oh hang on you have been doing this i take it) and check for 12v when the button is pressed.

Bountyhunter

no problem use the voltmeter and get some one to press the button (take the keys out of the ignition...oh hang on you have been doing this i take it) and check for 12v when the button is pressed.

Ok will give it a go, is it easy to find?(the soleenoid) because went into the boot once before at that location, to try get to petrol cap but had no luck.

Yeah no key in ignition lol, done that before.

p.s shouldn't there be a light on the petrol button? Theres light for traction control but not petrol button...

Bountyhunter

Yeah there should be a light.
To get to the solenoid you can pull the carpet back and reach the connector then

Ok cheers, will give it a bash when I got some free time.

There should be a light? Hmmm, that would say the fuse surely....do you think it could be the other fuse in photo? One that has cable tie around it, I wouldn't of thought so right?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Never assume anything put the meter to v and see if the current is on both sides.

Pretty sure there should be a light but tbh i have never looked to see if mine is lit in 5 years lol

Bountyhunter

Never assume anything put the meter to v and see if the current is on both sides.

Pretty sure there should be a light but tbh i have never looked to see if mine is lit in 5 years lol

Yeah think there should be, I can't remember either lol.

Can't put meter to one on cable tie, too much bother to get that out of there I think, prob there for a reason....guess next is solenoid or something, cheers for help, much appreciated.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
on the fuses when removed you need to check continuity ie when the prongs of the tester are joined it beeps, the same should happen on a fuse if it doesn't it's blown

Bountyhunter

on the fuses when removed you need to check continuity ie when the prongs of the tester are joined it beeps, the same should happen on a fuse if it doesn't it's blown

The vault meter doesn't beep but the number changes hahaha, bad one I have, old lol.

Bountyhunter

Try each setting all my meters have beeped even a crappy £2 one i had

Yeah I'll give it a blast another day, hate cars to be honest. Bonnet doesn't open either, that's stuck, boody things lol.

Ty for help, appreciated a lot, guess in end might have take to garage to get it fixed, as much as I hate it.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The filler opening fuse is fuse D, which is the red one at the top of the relay board in Lee's picture. Should be a 10 Amp fuse. Can't see from here but it may well be a "thermal resetting" fuse, a kind of circuit breaker that is supposed to reset itself. There have been reports of them failing from others on the forum.

Bountyhunter

The filler opening fuse is fuse D, which is the red one at the top of the relay board in Lee's picture. Should be a 10 Amp fuse. Can't see from here but it may well be a "thermal resetting" fuse, a kind of circuit breaker that is supposed to reset itself. There have been reports of them failing from others on the forum.

In my photo? One with the cable tie around it? Guess not because it says A I think.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Lee69's photo. If your name is Lee too you haven't told us so.

10A fuses are red. Blue is for 15A. The fuse you are looking for is a 10A fuse.

The red fuse with the cable tie around it is in the position labelled D in the Seat diagrams.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.