Gaiter surround.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I have recently changed my centre console trim (around radio and climate control) from the LC silver to a black which I think looks tons better.

The gaiter surround on the LC is also the silver colour and I am wanting to change this too, preferably to black also. Been to stealers today to be told that you can't buy these separately, you have to buy the whole gaiter, surround and knob assembly.

Does the Cupra R have a black surround or any of the lower spec models?

Has anyone else changed their surround?

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Agh I think we may be confused here.

I am talking about the plastic surround at the foot of the gaiter where it clips to the centre console not the gaiter boot itself.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Nope I miss read the post :redface:, still for anyone after a gaitor :)
Seat charge a fortune for them.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I've resurrected this thread to save starting a new one. i still haven't got round to sorting this yet.

As per the original post I have changed the centre trim from the LC silver to black and I just have the LC silver trim remaining on the gaiter bezel (the plastic surround at the bottom). I also want to change this to black. i now the LCR has a black one but I don't like the LCR red stitching on the gaiter.

Do the lesser models have to same style gaiter and surround? I suppose another option would be to spray it but I'd want to make sure the paint was a good match to the centre trim. Can anyone recommend a good plastic paint that might match?

Cheers.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
yeahhh mine is just the standard pd130 6 gear not too bad condition come take a look if you want?? also if you still have the silver dash thingy ill buy that from you :)

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I spent an hour trying to get mine out on Monday only to find i just needed to squeeze 2 tabs throught the gaitor lol!

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. What paint did you use on the center trim? I used Skoda Black Magic, found it a pretty got match to the car colour.

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
Mine has a few little chips missing from the previous owner messing with the stereo, that's why I'm wrapping it. I think you should spray them with one of those craft paints, the silver trim isnt the best finish in the world.

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
IMAG0064.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.