Galvanized body?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Does the ibiza have a galvanized body? I read on honest johns review of the mk4 that it does, but i cant find any other inho. There is no reason im asking, just interested cos im wierd.

Last edited:

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
yes they are, its like with the polo 6n its arches rusted big time so the 6n2 was galvanised.
vag cars are all galvanised after 2000 iirc

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
My 96 p reg Polo started going on the rear arch lip from about 8 years. I was pretty pissed at that as i had really tried to look after the body.

Is the Ibiza totally galv or just the floor pans :confused:

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
My 96 p reg Polo started going on the rear arch lip from about 8 years. I was pretty pissed at that as i had really tried to look after the body.

Is the Ibiza totally galv or just the floor pans :confused:

Same as above really, what parts of the car are galvanised?
Is it only the bare shell, only the floorpans or everything including the panels?

Dion!

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
There's nothing that I can see on mine now that you come to mention it.
Makes sence that they are galvanized tbh, but then again they are fairly fresh cars so might not even rust yet.

Dion!

Have a look at some new ish cars round and about, you would be suprised what rusts. 06 plate corsas, mk1 ford ka's, mercedes A class's, mk1 ford focus's.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Oh yes, my wife's 9N Polo 2003MY does have a couple of nasty bubbling areas where there is definately no panel damage or external paint damage. I have not attacked it yet as it tends to "quieten down" in winter.

knackerdecobre

I saw a red Mk4 on the M1 a while back and the f/n/s wing was really rusty! :confused:

Apr 12, 2010
Deffo galved, I've a nasty nasty chip on the rear door sill that's been there 3 years, its remained a dull grey colour and not rusted

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Well, the AA claim the Ibiza has a "galvanised body"... but I know that doesn't include the front wings. Mine had a tiny wee bit of front wing damage when I bought it, and the wing had rusted there. Been no further problems with it though.

Parents A6 is fully galvanised, wings and all, so Pedro did manage some cost cutting on these Mk4s.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise