Garage in Glasgow??

Sian09

Just looking for some advice where I can get my car sorted. (Mk3 Ibiza cupra)

I made the mistake of putting it into Arnold Clark where a was told this that n the other was wrong with it, so basically I want a second opinion.

So anyone know any good garages that actually know what they're talking about!?

Also, interested in a remap, names of places please?!?!

Thanks

Sian :)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Not sure how far away star is from you? But he always seems to get good reports.

Sorry im not much help im at the other end of the country!

What kind of sypmtoms do you have? And what has the other garage said is wrong?

Last edited:

Sian09

Was just a list that was read to me on what was wrong with it but didnt really pay much attention as they "forgot" to tell me first time round.

Anyways, the engine lights on and doesnt seem to be boosting properly. Thats all I can notice myself lol

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Yeh mechanics in most garages don't care enough to understand what the fault codes mean etc. I've worked with them. I stay in Glasgow if you want me to have a look one night, I have Vagcom on my laptop (what the dealers use, incase you don't know that) I've diagnosed the faults/problems on my almost standard to now 320bhp+ Mk3 cupra. Its a good program saved me £££ and time and I work in a garage.

Other than that going to Star performance in kirkcaldy (fife) is a shout, as B3NNY has already mentioned.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
My big bro could bagcom it for ya?

Gracies just the other side of erskine bridge do custom code remaps. I know a guy form ayr who does cheap remaps!

Sian09

Yeh mechanics in most garages don't care enough to understand what the fault codes mean etc. I've worked with them. I stay in Glasgow if you want me to have a look one night, I have Vagcom on my laptop (what the dealers use, incase you don't know that) I've diagnosed the faults/problems on my almost standard to now 320bhp+ Mk3 cupra. Its a good program saved me £££ and time and I work in a garage.

Other than that going to Star performance in kirkcaldy (fife) is a shout, as B3NNY has already mentioned.

Well if you could take a look at it that would be great! :D

Oh and Ross, thanks for the pm about the cd player situation! :p

LomondGolf

Live near Glasgow and all my VAG cars have been serviced at "A For Audi", they are based in Clydebank. Decent set of guys, know their stuff and have always gave very good customer service. Definately recommend them.

Or some of the companies mentioned above if its for performance work.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Witherspoons are just VAG approved repair/service people - but they do have a big TV screen - if that helps! I'd think that you should really escape from Uncle Arnie's grasp and sample one of the listed proper VAG indies, I've only ever tried Star Performance in Fife, but I'm sure that there are a few other VAG indies nearer you. I took my daughter to A.C. in Edinburgh for her 6K Ibiza - well it ended up being their secondhand place that actually sold them, I had a time wasting day trying to get them to sort out a camber problem (in at 08:00 out at 17:30 and yes it was prebooked for that specific problem with yes I said how I wanted them to sort it - which they eventually did! - even though I was paying for this work!), my daughter has had better dealings with them when they moved - they seem to take pity on young women - which is good - well mainly its the parts guy that ends up fitting things for her - can't complain about that.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.