Garmin portable system.

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some help.

I've recently brought a 2014 Ibiza which has one of those portable Garmin satnavs stuck on top of the dash.
My questions is... how do I update the maps? I've installed the Seat Garmin software onto my computer but the most recent maps I can install is from 2013/14.

Any help would be great....

D

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You buy the new maps through that Garmin Fresh software and then they can be downloaded. Maybe your Garmin Fresh needs updating.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I think you need to connect the SPS ( dash top satnav) to your computer before Fresh will let you take any actions too.

Sorry for being vague but I stopped updating ours in 2017.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Connecting SPS to PC allows Fresh to check your current update status and offer relevant updates.
You can also subscribe ( at a cost) to an updateable speed camera database.
I paid for this only because my wife (her car) was collecting speed tickets at the time! I use free camera apps on my phone in my car instead.
There's also some free stuff to download on Fresh as far as I remember.

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all - hoping someone will be able to help. I'm trying to update my Seat Garmin device, but the website no longer lets you download the installation file. Would anyone be able to share this to my Dropbox account so I can install and update?

extremo7

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all - hoping someone will be able to help. I'm trying to update my Seat Garmin device, but the website no longer lets you download the installation file. Would anyone be able to share this to my Dropbox account so I can install and update?

Hello, if you manage to get the file please contact me i also need it. thanks! :)

Reactions: lloydcattell

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

I've been searching online and found the following....

you can download Q2 2020 maps from https://www.navitotal.com/maps-for-navigon/navigon-europe-2020-fresh-maps-mn7-mn8-t21610-30.html
links and password on one of the posts, you may have to create an account as well (cant remember).

Not the newest maps but better than what we got!! and if you follow the below instructions that's how you get them to work.
(not my instructions, sorry if they're hard to follow).

My advise before you start is MAKE A BACK UP!! I messed up the first time and thank god I made a back up ;)

"Hi,
since maps + more has not got enough memory for newest maps it is necessary to remove some files from the navigon in order to update correctly.
You have to follow those steps if you want to update your navigator:
1- Connect your Maps + more to a Windows computer, since Mac are non supported unfortunately by this device, and browse to NAVIGON folder
2- In NAVIGON folder go to map and delete all the files in it but not the folder
3- Go back to navigon folder and if you have a VW delete the folder skin_SEAT and skin_SKODA otherwise delete all the folders that are not those of your car brand
4- Remain in NAVIGON folder and open sounds folder: here you can delete all the .nfs files that are not those of your language. Be careful it is very importante to not delete .bin files in that folder otherwise you will no more able to use navigation
5- Go back to map folder and copy all the files that you want from the recents that you have downloaded. in particular you have to copy the maps .map and all the data files you found in the download where the extensions are .nfs
So copy .map (that you find in map folder) and all the .nfs (that you find in data folder) in NAVIGON/map
Now you can enjoy your updated maps+more
:023:
"

I've just updated mine, maps appears to be working but saying no GPS haven't tested in the car. might be because its not plugged in... I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

I've been searching online and found the following....

you can download Q2 2020 maps from https://www.navitotal.com/maps-for-navigon/navigon-europe-2020-fresh-maps-mn7-mn8-t21610-30.html
links and password on one of the posts, you may have to create an account as well (cant remember).

Not the newest maps but better than what we got!! and if you follow the below instructions that's how you get them to work.
(not my instructions, sorry if they're hard to follow).

My advise before you start is MAKE A BACK UP!! I messed up the first time and thank god I made a back up ;)

"Hi,
since maps + more has not got enough memory for newest maps it is necessary to remove some files from the navigon in order to update correctly.
You have to follow those steps if you want to update your navigator:
1- Connect your Maps + more to a Windows computer, since Mac are non supported unfortunately by this device, and browse to NAVIGON folder
2- In NAVIGON folder go to map and delete all the files in it but not the folder
3- Go back to navigon folder and if you have a VW delete the folder skin_SEAT and skin_SKODA otherwise delete all the folders that are not those of your car brand
4- Remain in NAVIGON folder and open sounds folder: here you can delete all the .nfs files that are not those of your language. Be careful it is very importante to not delete .bin files in that folder otherwise you will no more able to use navigation
5- Go back to map folder and copy all the files that you want from the recents that you have downloaded. in particular you have to copy the maps .map and all the data files you found in the download where the extensions are .nfs
So copy .map (that you find in map folder) and all the .nfs (that you find in data folder) in NAVIGON/map
Now you can enjoy your updated maps+more
:023:
"

I've just updated mine, maps appears to be working but saying no GPS haven't tested in the car. might be because its not plugged in... I'll keep you all posted.
Everything appears to be working fine, I used the satnav to get home last night and again this morning with no issues.
Oddly the only difference I can see is updating the maps and data files has resulted in the voice control button being removed and replaced with map view.